This article presents a coplanar printed monopole antenna for digital television (DTV) in the UHF band (470-862 MHz) application. The antenna structure consists of a meander loop monopole for radiation, a step-shaped ground plane for impedance matching, and a 50-mini coaxial feedline for excitation. The meander loop monopole and step-shaped ground plane are printed on the same side of a substrate with an area of 15×170 mm2. The measured impedance bandwidth for 2.5:1 voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) is 550 MHz (465-1015 MHz, 74%), covering the DTV band. In addition, the proposed antenna shows a real reception performance on a notebook computer. The reception results for audio and video signals exhibit stable characteristics.
2. Chi, Y.-W., K.-L.Wong, and S.-W. Su, "Broadband printed dipole antenna with a step-shaped feed gap for DTV signal reception," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 11, 3353-3356, 2007.
3. Lee, C.-T. and K.-L. Wong, "Broadband planar dipole antenna for DTV/GSM operation," Microw. Opt. Techn. Lett., Vol. 50, 1900-1904, 2008.
4. Huang, C.-Y., B.-M. Jeng, and C.-F. Yang, "Wideband monopole antenna for DVB-T applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, 1448-1450, 2008.
5. Zhou, S., J. Guo, Y. Huang, and Q. Liu, "Broadband dual frequency sleeve monopole antenna for DTV/GSM applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, 766-768, 2009.
6. Jeon, S.-G., D.-H. Seo, Y.-S. Yu, and J.-H. Choi, "Broadband internal antenna for mobile DTV handsets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 3, 1048-1052, 2007.
7. Yang, C., H. Kim, and C. Jung, "Compact broad dual-band antenna using inverted-L and loop for DVB-H applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, 1418-1419, 2010.
8. Best, S. R. and J. D. Morrow, "The effectiveness of space-filling fractal geometry in lowering resonant frequency," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 1, 112-115, 2002.
9. Upmost Corporation, TV Box-USB Digital TV stick-DVB 180 HD, , http://www.upmostgroup.com.tw/eng/products list all.php.