Through exploring the relationship between the Q-factor and the normalized electric field strength of a reverberation chamber, this contribution proposes a new kind of methods for the Q-factor estimation, which can simplify the procedure of measuring Q-factor in experiment and raise the e±ciency of calculating Q-factor by simulation. Firstly, the method is validated using measured electric field, then it is verified using data from RC's simulation by FDTD. Satisfactory agreements confirm this kind of methods could act as a reliable tool in evaluating Q-factor by both experimental measurement and numerical simulation.
2. Moglie, F., V. Mariani Primiani, and A. P. Pastore, "Modeling of the human exposure inside a random plane wave field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 29, 251-267, 2011.
3. Hill, D. A., "A reflection coefficient derivation for the Q of reverberation chamber," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 38, No. 4, 591-592, 1996.
4. Corona, P., G. Ferrara, and M. Migliaccio, "A spectral approach for the determination of the reverberating chamber quality factor," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 40, No. 2, 145-153, 1998.
5. Arnaut, R., "Statistics of the quality factor of a rectangular reverberation chamber," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 45, No. 1, 61-76, 2003.
6. Hill, D. A., M. T. Ma, and A. R. Ondrejka, "Aperture excitation of electrically large, lossy cavities," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 34, No. 3, 169-178, 1994.
7. Robinson, M. and J. Clegg, "Improved determination of Q-factor and resonant frequency by a quadratic curve-fitting method," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 47, No. 2, 399-402, 2005.
8. Mariani, P. V. and F. Moglie, "Numerical simulation of reverberation chamber parameters affecting the received power statistics," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 54, No. 3, 522-532, 2012.
9. Hong, J.-I. and C.-S. Huh, "Optimization of stirrer with various parameters in reverberation chamber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 15-30, 2010.
10. Moglie, F. and P. V. Mariani, "Numerical analysis of a new location for the working volume inside a reverberation chamber," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 54, No. 2, 238-245, 2012.
11. IEC 61000-4-21, "Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) --- Part 4-21: Testing and measurement techniques --- Reverberation chamber test methods,", 2011.
12. Kouveliotis, N. K., P. T. Trakadas, and C. N. Capsalis, "FDTD calculation of quality factor of vibrating intrinsic reverberation chamber," Electronics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 16, 861-862, 2002.
13. Moglie, F., "Convergence of the reverberation chambers to the equilibrium analyzed with the finite-difference time-domain algorithm," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 46, No. 3, 469-476, 2004.