This paper presents a novel design of dual-linear-polarized broadband horn antenna for 6~18 GHz frequency band. Applying commercial software Ansoft HFSS, parametric analysis is taken with respect to the best antenna performance and manufacturing tolerance. The proposed antenna is finally fabricated and measured, and the measured results show that the designed antenna exhibits low VSWR (<2), high gain (13 dBi~19.5 dBi) and high isolation (>25 dB) without beam splitting in the entire operation band.
2. Zhichao, Z. and R. E. Diaz, "Simulation of broadband double-ridged horn in high-fidelity material characterization using finite-difference time-domain method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. Society International Symp., 561-564, 2005.
3. Tan, C. Y. and K. T. Selvan, "Simulation study of a 4-28 GHz double ridged conical horn antenna," IEEE RF & Microwave Conference, 298-301, Dec. 2008.
4. Mallahzadeh, A. R. and A. Imani, "Double ridged antenna for wideband application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 273-285, 2009.
5. Jacobs, B., J. W. Odendaal, and J. Joubert, "Modeling manufacturing tolerances in 1-18 GHz double-ridged horn antennas," EuMC Microwave Conference, 1484-1487, Sep. 2009.
6. Mallahzadeh, A. R., A. A. Dastranj, and H. R. Hassani, "A novel dual-polarized double-ridged horn antenna for wideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 67-80, 2008.
7. Soroka, S., "A physically compact quad ridged horn design," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. Society International Symp.,, 903-904, 1986.
8. Dehdasht-Heydari, R., H. R. Hassani, and A. R. Mallahzadeh, "Quad ridged horn antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 23-38, 2008.
9. Shen, Z. and C. Feng, "A new dual-polarized broadband horn antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Letters, Vol. 4, 270-273, 2005.
10. Dehdasht-Heydari, R., H. R. Hassani, and A. R. Mallahzadeh, "A new 2-18 GHz quad-ridged horn antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 183-195, 2008.
11. Kerr, J. L., "Short axial length broad-band horns," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 21, No. 5, 710-714, Sep. 1973.