A wideband dual-polarized antenna with high isolation is presented. Four printed quadrant planar folded dipole placed above a U-shaped reflector are adopted as the main radiation elements. Curved slots cut on the planar folded dipole are used to reduce the size of the antenna. Parameter is studied, and the values are adjusted in order to obtain wideband and compact properties. Measured results show that the antenna achieves a VSWR < 2.0 from 1.64-2.33 GHz. The isolation between the two polarizations is better than 29.5 dB. The radius of the quadrant planar folded dipole is only 34 mm (about 0.18 wavelength at 1.64 GHz).
2. Gao, S., L. W. Li, M. S. Leong, and T. S. Yeo, "A broad-band dual-polarized microstrip patch antenna with aperture coupling," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 4, 898-900, Apr. 2003Apr. 2003.
3. Wong, , H., , K. L. Lau, and K. M. Luk, "Design of dual-polarized L-probe patch antenna arrays with high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 1, 45-52, Jan. 2004.
4. Sim, C. Y. D., C. C. Chang, and J. S. Row, "Dual-feed dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 10, 3321-3324, Oct. 2009.
5. Huang, Y. H., Q. Wu, and Q. Z. Liu, "Broadband dual-polarised antenna with high isolation for wireless communication," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 14, 714-715, Jul. 2009.
6. Zhou, S. G., P. K. Tan, and T. H. Chio, "Low profile, wideband dual-polarized antenna with high isolation and low cross-polarization," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1032-1035, 2012.
7. Li, B., Y.-Z. Yin, W. Hu, Y. Ding, and Y. Zhao, "Wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 427-430, 2012.
8. Quan, X. and R. Li, "A broadband dual-polarized omnidirectional antenna for base stations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 2, 943-947, Feb. 2013.
9. Barba, M., "A high-isolation, wideband and dual-linear polarization patch antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 5, 1472-1476, May 2008.
10. Peng, H.-L., W.-Y. Yin, J.-F. Mao, D. Huo, X. Hang, and L. Zhou, "A compact dual-polarized broadband antenna with hybrid beam-forming capabilities," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 253-271, 2011.
11. Su, D., D. Fu, T. N. C. Wang, and H. Yang, "Broadband polarization diversity base station antenna for 3G communication system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 4, 493-500, 2008.
12. Secmen, M. and A. Hizal, "A dual-polarized wide-band patch antenna for indoor mobile communication applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 189-200, 2010.
13. Liu, C., J.-L. Guo, Y.-H. Huang, and L.-Y. Zhou, "A novel dual-polarized antenna with high isolation and low cross polarization for wireless communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 32, 129-136, 2012.
14. Masa-Campos, J. L. and F. Gonzalez-Fernandez, "Dual linear circular polarized planar antenna with low profile double-layer polarized of 45o tilted metallic strips for WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 98, 221-231, 2009.
15. Xie, J.-J., Y.-Z. Yin, J. Ren, and T. Wang, "A wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with electric probe and magnetic loop feeds," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 499-515, 2012.
16. Moradi, K. and S. Nikmehr, "A dual-band dual-polarized microstrip array antenna for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 527-541, 2012.