A novel triple-frequency fork-shaped antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications is proposed and investigated in this paper. The presented antenna is simply composed of three radiating elements viz. Stub1, Stub2, Stub3. By adjusting the lengths of the three stubs, three desired resonant frequencies can be achieved and adjusted independently. Experimental results show that the antenna impedance bandwidths for S11 ≤ -10 dB are 2.4-2.65 GHz, 3. 3.3-4.05 GHz, and 5-5.98 GHz, covering the 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN bands and 2.5/3.5/5.5 GHz WiMAX bands. Furthermore, nearly omni-directional radiation patterns over the operating bands have been obtained.
2. Lee, C.-T., S.-W. Su, and F.-S. Chang, "A compact, planar plate-type antenna for 2.4/5.2/5.8-GHz tri-band WLAN operation," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 26, 125-134, 2011.
3. Gao, X., H. Zhong, Z. Zhang, Z. Feng, and M. F. Iskander, "Low-profile planar tripolarization antenna for WLAN communications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 83-86, 2010.
4. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A compact microstrip-fed two-step tapered monopole antenna for UWB and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 77, 137-148, 2007.
5. Chu, Q.-X. and L.-H. Ye, "Design of compact dual-wideband antenna with assembled monopoles," IEEE Transactions on IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 58, No. 12, 4063-4066, 2010.
6. Ren, F.-C., F.-S. Zhang, J.-H. Bao, B. Chen, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact triple-frequency slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operations," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 26, 21-30, 2011.
7. Xie, J.-J., Y.-Z. Yin, J. Wang, and S.-L. Pan, "A novel tri-band circular alot patch antenna with an EBG structure for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 4, 493-502, 2012.
8. Wang, T., Y.-Z. Yin, J. Yang, Y.-L. Zhang, and J.-J. Xie, "Compact triple-band antenna using defected ground structure for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 35, 155-164, 2012.
9. Li, H. H., X. Q. Mou, Z. Ji, H. Yu, Y. Li, and L. Jiang, "Miniature RFID tri-band CPW-fed antenna optimised using ISPO algorithm," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, 161-162, 2011.
10. Pei, J., A.-G. Wang, S. Gao, and W. Leng, "Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 298-301, 2011.
11. Hu, W., Y.-Z. Yin, P. Fei, and X. Yang, "Compact triband square-slot antenna with symmetrical L-strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 462-465, 2011.
12. Mehdipour, A., A. R. Sebak, C. W. Trueman, and T. A. Denidni, "Compact multiband planar antenna for 2.4/3.5/5.2/5.8-GHz wireless applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 144-147, 2012.