Based on the theory of microstrip-to-slotline transition, a series of power dividers using CPW-to-microstrip transition is developed. These power dividers can be made to be coplanar or non-coplanar structure, and the phase difference between the two output ports can be flexibly achieved in phase or out of phase. Two microstrip feed lines couple the energy from the two slots of the CPW with equal magnitude, thus realizing CPW-to-microstrip transition. An in-phase power divider and an out-of-phase one are designed, fabricated and measured. The measured results show that the power dividers provide good return loss, low insertion loss, and stable phase between the two output ports over the operating frequency band.
2. Burke, J. J. and R. W. Jackson, "Surface-to-surface transition via electromagnetic coupling of microstrip and coplanar waveguide," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 37, 519-525, 1989.
3. Jin, H., R. Vahldieck, J. Huang, and P. Russer, "Rigorous analysis of mixed transmission line interconnects using the frequency-domain TLM method," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 41, 2248-2255, Dec. 1993.
4. Lin, T. H., "Via-free broad-band microstrip to CPW transition," Electron. Lett., Vol. 37, No. 15, 960-962, Jul. 2001.
5. Parad, I. and R. L. Moynihan, "Split-tee power divider," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 13, 91-95, Jan. 1965.
6. Ogawa, H., T. Hirota, and M. Aikawa, "New MIC power dividers using coupled microstrip-slot lines: Two-sided MIC power dividers," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 33, 1155-1164, Nov. 1985.
7. Chiu, L., T. Y. Yum, Q. Xue, and C. H. Chan, "A wideband compact parallel-strip 180/spl deg/Wilkinson power divider for push-pull circuitries," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, 49-51, Jan. 2006.
8. Wang, D., H. Zhang, T. Xu, H. Wang, and G. Zhang, "Design and optimization of equal split broadband microstrip Wilkinson power divider using enhanced particle swarm optimization algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 321-334, 2011.
9. Deng, P.-H., J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New Wilkinson power dividers based on compact stepped-impedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012.
10. Bialkowski, M. E. and A. M. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 289-291, Aug. 2007.
11. Song, K. and Q. Xue, "Ultra-wideband out-of-phase power divider using multilayer microstrip-slotline coupling structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 7, 1591-1594, Jul. 2010.
12. Peng, H., Z. Yang, Y. Liu, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013.
13. Knorr, J. B., "Slot-line transitions," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 22, 548-554, May 1974.
14. Peng, H., Z. Yang, and T. Yang, "Design and implementation of an ultra-wideband six-port network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 293-310, 2012.
15. Moscoso-Martir, A., I. Molina-Fernandez, and A. Ortega-Monux, "High performance multi-section corrugated slot-coupled directional couplers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 134, 437-454, 2013.