A compact printed ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with band-notched characteristic is proposed. The presented antenna consists of a modified ground plane structure and a novel C-shaped radiation patch fed by a microstrip line. By etching a C-shaped slot in the radiating patch, the notched band of 3.3-3.8 GHz for WiMAX is generated. The notched band can be easily tuned by controlling the size of the slot. The measured results show that the proposed antenna operates over a wide bandwidth from 3 GHz to 16 GHz with return loss less than -10, except a stop-band of 3.3-3.8 GHz. Some key parameters of the antenna are discussed in details. The time-domain characteristics are given.
2. Sim, C.-Y.-D., W.-T. Chung, and C.-H. Lee, "A circular-disc monopole antenna with band-rejection function for ultrawideband application," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 6, 1607-1613, 2009.
3. Yazdi, M. and N. Komjani, "A compact band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with parasitic elements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 24, 129-138, 2011.
4. Zang, J. W. and X. T. Wang, "Design and analysis of a compact ultra-wideband antenna with a band-notch characteristic," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, No. 9, 2236-2240, 2013.
5. Chuang, C. T., T. J. Lin, and S. J. Chung, "A band-notched UWB monopole antenna with high notch-band-edge selectivity," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 10, 4492-4499, 2012.
6. Moradhesari, A., M. Moosazadeh, and Z. Esmati, "Band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna using slotted conductor-backed plane," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,, Vol. 54, No. 10, 2237-2241, 2012.
7. Chu, Q.-X. and T.-G. Huang, "Compact UWB antenna with sharp band-notched characteristics for lower WLAN band," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 15, 838-839, 2011.
8. Malekpoor, H. and and S. Jam, "Enhanced bandwidth of shorted patch antennas using folded patch techniques," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 198-201, 2013.
9. Kang, C.-H., S.-J. Wu, and J.-H. Tarng, "A novel folded UWB antenna for wireless body area network," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 2, 1139-1142, 2012.