The number of OTA antennas of the multi-probe over-the-air (OTA) test system should be large enough for accurate OTA testing yet not too large due to the increasing cost. In this work, the required number of OTA antennas is studied using the spatial correlation function. Some key issues are discussed.
2. Glazunov, A. A., V. M. Kolmonen, and T. Laitinen, "MIMO over-the-air testing," LTE-Advanced and Next Generation Wireless Networks: Channel Modelling and Propagation, 411-441, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
3. Jing, Y., Z. Wen, H. Kong, S. Duffy, and M. Rumney, "Two-stage over the air (OTA) test method for MIMO device performance evaluation," IEEE Int. Sym. Antennas Progag., 71-74, Spokane, WA, Jul. 2011.
4. Chen, X., "Measurements and evaluations of multi-element antennas based on limited channel samples in a reverberation chamber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 131, 45-62, 2012.
5. Yamamoto, A., T. Sakata, T. Hayashi, K. Ogawa, J. O. Nielsen, G. F. Pedersen, J. Takada, and K. Sakaguchi, "Effectiveness of a ading emulator in evaluating the performance of MIMO systems by comparison with a propagation test," 2010 Proceedings of the Fourth European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, Barcelona, Spain, Apr. 2010.
6. Fan, W., X. Carreno, J. Nielsen, M. B. Knudsen, and G. F. Pedersen, "Emulating spatial characteristics of MIMO channels for OTA testing," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 61, No. 8, 4306-4314, Aug. 2013.
7. Imai, T., Y. Okano, K. Koshiro, K. Saito, and S. Miura, "Theoretical analysis of adequate number of probe antennas in spatial channel emulator for MIMO performance evaluation of mobile terminals," 2010 Proceedings of the Fourth European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1-5, Barcelona, Spain, Apr. 2010.
8. Kyosti, P. and A. Khatun, "Probe configurations for 3D MIMO over-the-air testing," 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 1421-1425, Gothenburg, Sweden, Apr. 2012.
9. Khatun, A., T. Laitinen, V.-M. Kolmonen, and P. Vainikainen, "Dependence of error level on the number of probes in over-the-air multiprobe test system," Int. J. Antennas, Propag., Vol. 2012, 6 Pages, 2012.
10. Chien, Y. and K.-S. Fu, "On the generalized Karhunen-Loeve expansion," IEEE Trans. on Inf. Theory, Vol. 13, 518-520, Jul. 1967.