A wideband unidirectional patch antenna with two meandering strips and a Г-shaped feeding structure is designed. The investigation shows that the antenna achieves an impedance bandwidth of 54.2% for VSWR ≤ 2 and a stable gain of around 9 dBi. The far field radiation patterns with low cross polarization which levels are less than -27 dB, low back radiation and symmetrical E-and H-plane patterns are obtained over the whole operating frequency range.
3. Hazdra, P. and M. Mazanek, "Wideband shorted backfire antenna with L-probe fed microstrip patch," Proc. 4th Eur. Conf. Antennas Propag., 1-3, 2010.
4. Li, J.-Y., "Compact size dipole antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 12, 1229-1231, Oct. 2008.
5. Mak, C. L., K. M. Luk, K. F. Lee, and Y. L. Chow, "Experimental study of a microstrip patch antenna with an L-shaped probe," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, No. 5, 777-783, May 2000.
6. Lee, K. F., K. M. Luk, K. F. Tong, S. M. Shum, T. Huynh, and R. Q. Lee, "Experimental and simulation studies of coaxially fed U-slot rectangular patch antenna," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 144, 354-358, 1997.
7. Chin, C.-H. K., Q. Xue, and H. Wong, "Broadband patch antenna with a folded plate pair as a differential feeding scheme," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 9, 2461-2467, Sep. 2007.
8. Wong, H. and K.-M. Luk, "Wideband antenna with a folded dipole and a folded shorted patch," Antenna Technology: Small and Smart Antennas Metamaterials and Applications, IWAT' 07, 207-210, 2007.
9. Lai, H.-W. and K.-M. Luk, "Design and study of wideband patch antenna fed by meandering probe," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 2, 564-571, Feb. 2006.