A folded printed quadrifilar helical antenna (FPQHA) with an integrated and compact feeding network is proposed. The axial length of the proposed antenna is miniaturized of about 54.7% than the conventional PQHA by folding the helix arms into several elements. A T-junction power divider combining with two Wilkinson power dividers is utilized to feed the antenna. A fabricated prototype of the FPQHA using the compact feeding network is presented. The measured positive gain bandwidth covers 380-430 MHz with the reflection coefficient below -20 dB, axial ratio below 1.5 dB and a half-power beamwidth of about 120˚. Details of the proposed antenna design and experimental results are presented and discussed.
2. Yang, S., S. H. Tan, Y. B. Gan, and C. W. See, "Broadband conical printed quadrifilar helical antenna with integrated feed network," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 35, No. 6, 491-493, 2002.
3. Fu, S., S. Fang, L. Kai, and Z. Wang, "Printed quadrifilar helix antenna with integrated feed network," 2009 3rd IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, 67-69, 2009.
4. Sharaiha, A. and C. T. P. Blot, "Printed quadrifilar resonant helix antenna with integrated feeding network," Electron. Lett., Vol. 33, No. 4, 256-257, Feb. 1997.
5. Louvigne, J. C. and A. Sharaiha, "Broadband tapered printed quadrifilar helical antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 37, No. 15, 932-933, Jul. 2001.
6. Rabemanantsoa, J. and A. Sharaiha, "Size reduced multi-band printed quadrifilar helical antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 9, 3138-3143, Sep. 2011.
7. Sharaiha, A. and J. Rabemanantsoa, "A miniature dielectrically loaded spiral folded printed quadriˉlar helix antenna for GPS dual band applications," Proceedings of ISAP2012, 1425-1428, Nagoya, Japan, 2012.