This paper presents a design approach for dual-band Wilkinson power dividers. Two pairs of parallel coupled-lines are used to replace the quarter-wavelength transformers in the conventional Wilkinson power divider to obtain dual-band operation. Using even- and odd-mode analysis, the closed-form design equations are derived for design parameters and design procedures of the proposed dual-band power divider are given. For verification purpose, a practical power divider, which operates at 1 GHz and 2.1 GHz with 3 dB power dividing ratio, is designed, fabricated and tested. The simulated and measured results are in good agreement.
2. Sung, J.-H., et al., "Design method of a dual band balun and divider," 2002 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 2002.
3. Avrillon, S., et al., "Dual-band power divider based on semiloop stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 4, 1269-1273, 2003.
4. Wu, L., et al., "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 1, 278-284, 2006.
5. Wu, Y., et al., "Closed-form design method of an N-way dual-band Wilkinson hybrid power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 97-114, 2010.
6. Wu, Y., et al., "A new design method for unequal dual-band modified Wilkinson power divide," Electromagnetics, Vol. 30, No. 3, 269-284, 2010.
7. Zhou, G.-T., C.-H. Wu, and T.-G. Ma, "Novel dual-band power divider with three transmission zeros using 180-degree line sections," 2012 Asia-Paci¯c Microwave Conference Proceedings (APMC), 2012.
8. Lin, Z., Q-X. Chu, and F. Lin, "A new dual band power divider with extreme power dividing ratio," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 5-6, 673-681, 2011.
9. Hayati, M., et al., "A new design of equal and unequal dual-band gysel power divider with controllable bandwidth," Electromagnetics, Vol. 33, No. 8, 609-622, 2013.
10. Wang, X., I. Sakagami, and A. Mase, "A compact dual-band Wilkinson power divider with two design approaches," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 27, No. 6, 758-771, 2013.
11. Park, M.-J., "Two-section cascaded coupled line Wilkinson power divider for dual-band applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 4, 188-190, 2009.
12. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and Q. Xue, "An analytical approach for a novel coupled-line dual-band Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, No. 2, 286-294, 2011.
13. Lin, Z. and Q.-X. Chu, "A novel approach to the design of dual-band power divider with variable power dividing ratio based on coupled-lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 271-284, 2010.
14. Tang, X. and K. Mouthaan, "Compact dual-band power divider with single allpass coupled lines sections," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 10, 688-689, 2010.
15. Li, B., et al., "Dual-band equal/unequal Wilkinson power dividers based on coupled-line section with short-circuited stub," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 163-178, 2011.
16. Zysman, G. and A. K. Johnson, "Coupled transmission line networks in an inhomogeneous dielectric medium," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 17, No. 10, 753-759, 1969.