In this article, a novel band-notched ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter based on hybrid microstrip/slotline structure is proposed. A quad-mode stubs-loaded slotline resonator is fed by two orthogonal microstrip lines and ultra-wideband bandpass characteristic is excited. A stub-loaded dual-mode microstrip resonator is externally loaded to the quad-mode slotline resonator, and a notched band with sharp roll-off characteristic is achieved. The circuit model for the dual-mode microstrip resonator loaded slotline is given and analyzed. The proposed filter is designed and fabricated. Simulated and measured return losses are -12 dB/-18 dB and -18 dB/-10 dB in lower and higher passband. The return loss in the notched band is greater than 15 dB.
2. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, 796-798, 2005.
3. Cai, P., Z. Ma, X. Guan, Y. Kobayashi, T. Anada, and G. Hagiwara, "Synthesis and realization of novel ultra-wideband bandpass filters using 3/4 wavelength parallel-coupled line resonators," 2006 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings, 159-162, Dec. 2006.
4. Chen, H. and Y.-X. Zhang, "A novel and compact UWB bandpass filter using microstrip fork-form resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 273-280, 2007.
5. An, J. and G. M. Wang, "UWB filter using defected ground structure of von koch fractal shape slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 61-66, 2009.
6. Wang, H. and L. Zhu, "Aperture-backed microstrip line multiple-mode resonator for design of a novel UWB bandpass filter," 2005 Asia-Pacific Conference Proceedings, Suzhou, China, Dec. 2005.
7. Li, R. and L. Zhu, "Compact UWB bandpass filter on hybrid microstrip/slotline structure with improved out-of-band performances," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology Proceedings, Chengdu, China, May 2008.
8. Li, K., D. Kurita, and T. Matsui, "An ultra-wideband bandpass filter using broadside-coupled microstrip-coplanar waveguide structure," EEE MTT-S Int. Dig., 675-678, Jun. 2005.
9. Hsiao, P. Y. and R. M. Weng, "Compact open-loop UWB filter with notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 7, 149-159, 2009.
10. Chen, L., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and C.-J. Gao, "An ultra-wideband bandpass filter with a notched-band and wide stopband using dumbbell stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 17, 47-53, 2010.
11. Chen, C. P., Y. Takakura, H. Nihie, Z. Ma, and T. Anada, "Design of compact notched UWB filter using coupled external stepped-impedance resonator," 2009 APMC Proc., Singapore, Dec. 2009.
12. Zhao, J., J. Wang, and J.-L. Li, "Compact microstrip UWB bandpass filter with triple-notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 44, 13-26, 2013.
13. Guan, X., P. Chen, W. Fu, H. Liu, and G. Li, "A novel ultra-wide band bandpass filter with notched band using slotline and microstrip resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, 2949-2951, 2011.
14. Huang, J.-Q., Q.-X. Chu, and C.-Y. Liu, "Compact UWB filter based on surface-coupled structure with dual notched bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 311-319, 2010.
15. Lin, C. J., C.-C. Chiu, S.-G. Hsu, and H. C. Liu, "A novel model extraction algorithm for reconstruction of coupled transmission lines in high-speed digital system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 12, 1595-1609, 2005.