A novel wideband multilayer power divider with high isolation and bandpass response is presented in this article. This presented power divider employs microstrip-slotline coupling structure to realize the basic function of dividing input power. One lumped isolation resistor is introduced to improve the isolation between output ports. In order to solder the chip resistor between output branches, bending microstrip structure is utilized. For the sake of rejecting the unwanted signals locating in adjacent channels, interdigital structure and defected ground structure are designed to obtain a bandpass response and a wide upper stopband. The experimental results have indicated that the proposed wideband power divider has good performance on return losses, isolation, amplitude and phase balances, as well as group delay over the band 4.5 GHz-10 GHz.
2. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Oct. 2007.
3. Li, Q., X. W. Shi, F. Wei, and J. G. Gong, "A novel planar 180o out-of-phase power divider for UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, 161-167, 2011.
4. Song, K.-J. and Q. Xue, "Ultra-wideband out-of-phase power divider using multilayer microstrip-slotline coupling structure," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1591-1594, 2010.
5. Peng, H., Z.-Q. Yang, Y. Liu, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013.
6. Seman, N., M. E. Bialkowski, and W. C. Khor, "Ultra-wideband vias and power dividers in microstrip-slot technology," Asia-Paci¯c Microwave Conference 2007, APMC 2007, 11-14, 2007.
7. Song, K. J. and Q. Xue, "Novel ultra-wideband (UWB) multilayer slotline power divider with bandpass response," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 1, 13-15, Jan. 2010.
8. Chen, J.-X., C. H. K. Chin, K. W. Lau, and Q. Xue, "180o out-of-phase power divider based on double-sided parallel striplines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 21, 1229-1230, Oct. 2006.
9. Yang, T., J.-X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Three-way out-of-phase power divider," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 7, 482-483, 2008.
10. Wei, F., W.-T. Li, X.-W. Shi, and Y.-Y. Wang, "Design of compact inphase power divider with narrow notch band for UWB application," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 3, 166-168, 2012.
11. Abbosh, A. M., "Broadband multilayer inphase power divider for C-band applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 2, 120-121, 2008.
12. Knorr, J. B., "Slot-line transitions," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 22, No. 5, 548-554, 1974.
13. Kuo, J.-T. and E. Shih, "Wideband bandpass filter design with three-line microstrip structures," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 149, No. 5, 243-247, 2002.