In this paper, a novel compact dual-band microstrip antenna operating at two different bands namely C-band and X-band is presented and analyzed. The dual ultra wide band is realized by cutting two triangular slots on the right and on the left sides of the patch and a rectangular slot on the top side of the patch. The antenna structure is optimized and simulated using commercial software. The excitation is launched through a 50 Ohms microstrip line. According to simulation and measured results the proposed antenna can provide two separated impedance bandwidths of 500 MHz centered at 7 GHz and 2 GHz centered at 10.7 GHz and stable radiation patterns.
2. Ali, M., T. Sittironnarit, H. S. Hwang, R. A. Sadler, and G. J. Hayes, "Wide-band/dual band packaged antenna for 5-6 GHz WLAN application," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 2, 610-615, Feb. 2004.
3. Jofre, L., B. A. Cetiner, and F. Flaviis, "Miniature multi-element antenna for wireless communications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 5, 658-669, May 2002.
4. Islam, M. F., et al., "Dual band microstrip patch antenna for SAR applications," Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4, 4585-4591, 2010.
5. Maci, S. and G. B. Gentili, "Dual-frequency patch antennas," IEEE Antennas & Propagation Magazine, Vol. 39, No. 6, 13-20, Dec. 1997.
6. Chen, I.-F., C. M. Peng, and S.-C. Liang, "Single layer printed monopole antenna for dual ISM-band operation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 4, 1270-1273, Apr. 2005.
7., , Available in: http://standards.ieee.org/catalog/olis/lanman.html.
8. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd Edition, 2005.
9. Garg, R., Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Artech House, Boston, Mass., 2001.
9., , Computer Simulation Technology: http://www.cst.com.
11. Swarup, K. C., D. S. Das, and S. R. B. Chaudhuri, "Ultra-wideband performance of printed hexagonal wideslot antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 44, 83-93, 2013.
12. Zheng, Z.-A. and Q.-X. Chu, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched haracteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 83-91, 2009.
13. Wang, C.-J. and S.-W. Chang, "Studies on dual-band multi-slot antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 293-306, 2008.
14. Jang, J.-W. and H.-Y. Hwang, "An improved band-rejection UWB antenna with resonant patches and a slot," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, No. 1, 299-302, 2009.
15. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact ultrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3075-3081, 2006.