A novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) in-phase multilayer slotline power divider with high isolation is presented as a complement in slotline power divider field. The new structure proposed in this paper overcomes the shortcoming that power divider based on slotline almost cannot obtain high isolation between output ports. Based on the equivalent-circuit of microstrip-to-slotline transition and the method of odd-mode and even-mode analysis, the designing expressions of the proposed compact power divider have been obtained. The simulated and measured results have shown good agreement, and both of which have also shown that all the ports of the novel compact in-phase power divider have good impedance matching, and shown high isolation between the output ports over the band 3.4 GHz-12 GHz.
2. Zhuge, C. L., K. J. Song, and Y. Fan, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) power divider based on signal interference techniques," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 4, 1028-1030, 2012.
3. Hazeri, A. R., "An ultra wideband Wilkinson power divider," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 99, No. 4, 575-584, 2012.
4. Song, K. J., S. Y. Hu, Y. X. Mo, Y. Fan, and C. L. Zhong, "Novel bandpass-response power divider with high frequency selectivity using centrally stub-loaded resonators," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 7, 1560-1562, 2013.
5. Bialkowski, M. E. and A. M. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 289-291, 2007.
6. Abbosh, A. M., "Multilayer inphase power divider for UWB applications," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 5, 1402-1405, 2008.
7. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, 2007.
8. Peng, H., Z. Q. Yang, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013.
9. Song, K. J. and Q. Xue, "Ultra-wideband out-of-phase power divider using multilayer microstripslotline coupling structure," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1591-1594, 2010.
10. Qi, L. Y., "A novel 92GHz-96 GHz high isolation power divider using microstrip-slotline transitions," 2012 International Conference on Computational Problem-solving (ICCP), 264-266, 2012.
11. Schuppert, B., "Microstrip/Slotline transitions: Modeling and experimental investigation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 36, No. 8, 1272-1282, 1988.
12. Knorr, J. B., "Slot-line transitions," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 22, No. 5, 548-554, 1974.
13. Chen, J. X., C. H. K. Chin, K. W. Lau, and Q. Xue, "180◦ out-of-phase power divider based on double-sided parallel striplines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 21, 1229-1230, 2006.
14. Song, K. J. and Q. Xue, "Novel ultra-wideband (UWB) multilayer slotline power divider with bandpass response," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 1, 13-15, 2010.
15. Yang, T., J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "Three-way out-of-phase power divider," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 7, 482-483, 2008.