For coherent jammers to wideband linear frequency modulation (LFM) radar, the ratio between jamming energy and signal energy is always constant. To enhance the jamming to signal ratio (JSR), a two-dimensional (2D) discretized coherent noise jamming (2D-DCNJ) method is first proposed in this paper, where the covering area of the noise jamming results in 2D imaging is limited to a certain shape and further discretized to centralize the jamming energy. Moreover, the idea of weighting is applied to 2D-DCNJ to control the distribution of jamming energy, which can present some particular deceptive characteristics. The relationship between jamming results and modulated noise is analyzed, based on which the procedure of generating the jamming signal is detailed, and the JSR performance is compared with the previous ones. Finally, the validity of the proposed method is demonstrated via numerical simulation.
2. Park, J. I. and K. T. Kim, "A comparative study on ISAR imaging algorithms for radar target identification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 155-175, 2010.
3. Liu, Q., S. Xing, X. Wang, J. Dong, D. Dai, and Y. Li, "The interferometry phase of InSAR coherent jamming with arbitrary waveform modulation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 124, 101-118, 2012.
4. Liu, Q., J. Dong, X. Wang, S. Xing, and B. Pang, "An efficient SAR jammer with direct radio frequency processing (DRFP)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 293-309, 2013.
5. Li, N. J. and Y. T. Zhang, "A survey of radar ECM and ECCM," IEEE Trans. AES, Vol. 31, No. 3, 1110-1120, 1995.
6. Dumper, K., et al., "Spaceborne synthetic aperture radar and noise jamming," Proceedings of the 1997 Radar Edinburgh International Conf., 411-414, Edinburgh, UK, 1997.
7. Dong, C. X., et al., "Effect of noise FM jamming against ISAR imaging," CIE Int. Conf. Radar, 1016-1018, Shanghai, China, 2006.
8. Wang, W. Q. and J. Y. Cai, "A technique for jamming bi- and multistatic SAR systems," IEEE GRSL, Vol. 4, No. 1, 80-82, 2007.
9. Lee, Y. J., et al., "A study on jamming performance evaluation of noise and deception jammer against SAR satellite," Proc. 2011 Int. APSAR Conf., 1-3, 2011.
10. Wei, Y., et al., "Study of noise jamming based on convolution modulation to SAR," Int. Conf. CMCE, 169-172, Changchun, China, 2010.
11. Lv, B., "Simulation study of noise convolution jamming countering to SAR," ICCDA, Vol. V4130, No. V4133, Qinhuangdao, Hebei, China, 2010.
12. Feng, X. Z. and X. J. Xu, "A 2-D correlated noise depressive jamming technique to synthetic aperture radar," IET Int. Radar Conf., 1-4, Guilin, China, 2009.
13. Bassem, R. M. and Z. E. Atef, Matlab Simulations for Radar Systems Design, Chapman Hall/CRC CRC Press LLC, 2004.
14. Ozdemir, C., Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging With MATLAB Algorithms, John Wiley, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2012.
15. Camp, W. W., J. T. Mayhan, and R. M. O Donnell, "Wideband radar for ballistic missile defense and range-doppler imaging of satellites," Lincoln laboratory Journal, Vol. 12, No. 2, 267-280, 2000.
16. Bao, Z., M. D. Xing, and T. Wang, Radar Imaging Technology, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, China, 2004.