This paper presents a novel method to design filtering power divider with compact size. Based on lumped elements, a novel topology is proposed and theoretically analyzed. The equivalent power splitting circuits and filtering circuits are characterized by even-odd-mode analysis. Closed-form design equations are obtained, and all the unknown parameters can be derived. Meanwhile, two transmission zeros are produced near the passband edges, resulting in high-selectivity quasi-elliptic responses. For demonstration, a filtering power divider is implemented. The circuit operating at 600 MHz occupies only 15 mm × 14 mm.
2. Zuo, S.-L., W.-J. Wu, and Z.-Y. Zhang, "A simple filtering-antenna with compact size for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 39, 17-26, 2013.
3. Chen, X., F. Zhao, L. Yan, and W. Zhang, "A compact filtering antenna with flat gain response within the passband," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 857-860, 2013.
4. Bei, L., S. Zhang, and K. Huang, "A novel dual-band multi-way power divider using coupled lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 37, 41-51, 2013.
5. Kawai, T., H. Mizuno, I. Ohta, and A. Enokihara, "Lumped-element quadrature Wilkinson power divider," Asia Pacific. Microw. Conf., 1012-1015, 2009.
6. Li, J. C., Y. L. Wu, Y. A. Liu, J. Y. Shen, S. L. Li, and C. P. Yu, "A generalized coupled-line dual-band Wilkinson power divider with extended ports," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 197-214, 2012.
7. Gao, L. and X. Y. Zhang, "High selectivity dual-band bandpass filter using a quad-mode resonator with source-load coupling," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 474-476, 2013.
8. Jun, S. and K. Chang, "Compact microstrip bandpass filter using miniaturized hairpin resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 37, 65-71, 2013.
9. Singh, P. K., S. Basu, and Y.-H.Wang, "Coupled line power divider with compact size and bandpass response," Electronics Lett., Vol. 45, 892-894, 2009.
10. Tang, X. and K. Mouthaan, "Filter integrated Wilkinson power dividers," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 52, 2830-2833, 2010.
11. Shao, J.-Y., S.-C. Huang, and Y.-H. Pang, "Wilkinson power divider incorporating quasi-elliptic filters for improved out-of-band rejection," Electronics Lett., Vol. 47, 1288-1289, 2011.
12. Cheong, P., K.-I. Lai, and K.-W. Tam, "Compact Wilkinson power divider with simultaneous bandpass response and harmonic suppression," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 1588-1591, 2010.
13. Li, Y. C., Q. Xue, and X. Y. Zhang, "Single- and dual-band power divider integrated with bandpass filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, 69-76, 2013.
14. Lu, Y. L. and G. L. Dai, "Novel filtering power divider using multiple internal resistors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 45, 75-80, 2014.
15. Chen, C.-F., T.-Y. Huang, T. M. Shen, and R.-B. Wu, "Design of miniaturized filtering power dividers for system-in-a-package," IEEE Trans. Component Packag. Manufact. Technol., Vol. 3, 1663-1672, 2013.
16. You, C.-W. and Y.-S. Lin, "Miniature on-chip bandpass power divider with equal ripple response and wide stopband," IET Microw. Antenna and Propag., Vol. 6, 1461-1467, 2012.
17. Deng, P.-H. and L.-C. Dai, "Unequal Wilkinson power dividers with favorable selectivity and high-isolation using coupled-line filter transformers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, 1520-1529, 2012.
18. Wong, S. W. and L. Zhu, "Ultra-wideband power divider with good in-band splitting and isolation performances," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, 518-520, 2008.
19. Xiao, L., H. Peng, and T. Yang, "Bandpass-response power divider with high isloation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 46, 43-48, 2014.
20. Gao, S. S., S. Sun, and S. Xiao, "A novel wideband bandpass power divider with harmonicsuppressed ring resonator," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 119-121, 2013.
21. Choi, M.-G., H.-M. Lee, Y.-H. Cho, X.-G. Wang, and S.-W. Yun, "Design of Wilkinson power divider with embedded low-pass filter and cross-stub for improved stop-band characteristics," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 1-4, 2011.
22. Elsbury, M. M., P. D. Dresselhaus, N. F. Bergren, C. J. Burroughs, S. P. Benz, and Z. Popovic, "Broadband lumped-element integrated N-way power dividers for voltage standards," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, 2055-2063, 2009.
23. Hou, J.-A. and Y.-H. Wang, "Design of compact 90 and 180 couplers with harmonic suppression using lumped-element bandstop resonators," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, 2932-2939, 2010.
24. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2005.