This paper presents a data fusion algorithm combining a 24 GHZ radar and a 94.5 GHz radiometer for 3D image. Three trihedral reflectors are tested as multiple targets. Based on a conical scanner, the radar azimuth-range image and radiometric azimuth-elevation image are firstly obtained and preprocessed respectively. Then the common dimension of azimuth is made use of to align two images and synthesize a 3D image, where the positions, ranges and combined intensities of the targets are illustrated. Outdoor tests and experiment results demonstrate the effectiveness of the idea.
2. Brooker, G., R. Hennessey, M. Bishop, C. Lobsey, and A. Maclean, "Millimetre wave 3D imaging for industrial applications," Proc. Wireless Broadband and Ultra Wideband Communications and 2nd International Conference on AusWireless, 27-30, 2007.
3. Mizuno, K., H. Matono, Y. Wagatsuma, H. Warashina, H. Sato, S. Miyanaga, and Y. Yamanaka, "New applications of millimeter-wave incoherent imaging," Proc. IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 12-17, 2005.
4. Grover, R., G. Brooker, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, "Environmental representation for fused millimetre wave radar and nightvision data," Proc. International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV 02), 7-12, 2002.
5. Hu, T., Methods of indoor millimeter-wave radiometric imaging for personnel concealed contraband detection, Ph.D. Thesis, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Jun. 2012.
6. Data Sheet, Available at: http://www.innosent.de/en/industry/green-line-radarsensor/ivs-179/.
7. Wadge, G., D. G. Macfarlane, D. A. Robertsonb, A. J. Hale, H. Pinkertonc, R. V. Burrell, G. E. Nortond, and M. R. James, "AVTIS: A novel millimetre-wave ground based instrument for volcano remote sensing," Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Vol. 146, 307-318, 2005.
8. Kim, W. G., N. W. Moon, H. K. Kim, and Y. H. Kim, "Linear polarization sum imaging in passive millimeter-wave imaging system for target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 175-193, 2013.