A novel design of multiband probe-fed stacked patch antenna for Beidou Satellite Navigation System (BDS) and Global Position System (GPS) applications is proposed. The presented antenna covers BDS-1 L (1616±5 MHz), BDS-1 S (2492±5 MHz), BDS-2 B1 (1561±5 MHz), and GPS L1 (1575±5 MHz) frequency bands. Excellent high port isolation and Circular Polarized (CP) performance are achieved by introducing four metallized holes which are strictly symmetrical about the centre of the patch antenna. The proposed antenna is fabricated, and its performance is verified in measurement.
2. Chen, H. M., Y. K.Wang, Y. F. Liu, C. Y. Lin, and S. C. Pan, "Microstrip-fed circularly polarized square-ring patch antenna for GPS applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 1264-1267, 2009.
3. Falade, O. P., M. U. Rehman, Y. Gao, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Single feed stacked circular polarized antenna for triple band GPS receivers," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 10, 4479-4484, 2012.
4. Cheng, D., "Compact multi-band, multi-port antenna,", US Patent 7289064, Oct. 30, 2007.
5. Falade, O. P., Y. Gao, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Stacked-patch dual-polarized antenna for triple-band handheld terminals," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 202-205, 2013.
6. Wang, Z. B., S. J. Fang, S. Q. Fu, and S. W. Lu, "Dual-band probe-fed stacked patch antenna for GNSS applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 100-103, 2009.
7. Li, J. X., H. Y. Shi, H. Li, and A. X. Zhang, "Quad-band probe-fed stacked annular patch antenna for GNSS applications," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 372-375, 2014.
8. Sim, C., C. C. Chang, and J. S. Row, "Dual-feed dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 10, 3405-3409, 2009.
9. Deng, C. L., P. H. Li, and W. Q. Cao, "A high-isolation dual-polarization patch antenna with omnidirectional radiation patterns," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1273-1276, 2012.