In this paper, a three-band antenna with small size 50×15×0.8 mm3 is developed. The multi-broadband antenna consists of strip-1, tstrip-2, Br-1, Br-2 and S-strip. The lengths of strip-1, strip-2 are close to λ/4 at 680 MHz, 850 MHz and λ3/4 at 2.04 GHz, 2.55 GHz, respectively. S-strip is close to λ at 5.2 GHz and λ3/4 at 3.7 GHz. In addition, two tuning stubs Br-1 and Br-2 connected to strip-2 can further improve the impedance matching. Then six key resonances are excited: 680 MHz, 850 MHz, 2.04 GHz, 2.55 GHz, 3.7 GHz and 5.2 GHz. There exists electromagnetic coupling (EMC) among them, and as a result of the comprehensive effect of the structure, three wide-bands are produced: 660-1050 MHz, 1.60-3.75 GHz, 5.25-6.50 GHz. That is, the operation band covers full LTE700/2300/2500 (1710-2690 MHz)/GSM850/900/ (680 M-960 M)GSM1800/1900/WiMAX3.5G (3400~3650 MHz)/5.4-GHz (5250~5850 MHz)/ UMTS (1710-2170 MHz). The return loss is better than -6 dB. The peak gains also satisfy the requirement for practical application.
2. Chi, Y.-W. and K.-L. Wong, "Quarter-wavelenth printed loop antenna with an internal printed matching circuit for GSM/DCS/PCS/UMTS operation in the mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2541-2547, Sep. 2009.
3. Hong, S., W. Kim, H. Park, S. Kahng, and J. Choi, "Design of an internal multi-resonant monopole antenna for GSM900/DCS1800/US-PCS/S-DMB," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 5, 1437-1443, May 2008.
4. Wong, K.-L. and C.-H. Huang, "Printed loop antenna with a perpendicular feed for penta-band mobile phone antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 7, 2138-2141, Jul. 2008.
5. Chang, C.-H. and K.-L. Wong, "Printed/8-PIFA for penta-band WWAN operation in mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 5, 1373-1381, May 2009.
6. Zheng, M., H. Wang, and Y. Hao, "Internal hexa-band folded monopole/dipole/loop antenna with four resonances for mobile device," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 6, 2880-2885, Jun. 2012.
7. Zhang, T., R. L. Li, G. P. Jin, G. Wei, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A novel multiband planar antenna for GSM/UMTS/LTE/Zigbee/RFID mobile devices," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 11, 4209-4214, Nov. 2011.
8. Liu, H. J., R. L. Li, Y. Pan, X. L. Quan, L. Yang, and L. Zheng, "A multi-broadband planar antenna for GSM/UMTS/LTE and WLAN/WiMAX handsets," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 11, 1-5, Feb. 2014.
9. Li, R. L., B. Pan, J. Laskar, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A novel low-profile broadband dual-frequency planar antenna for wireless handsets," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 9, 1155-1162, Sep. 2008.
10. Lee, C.-T. and K.-L. Wong, "Planar monopole with a coupling feed and an inductive shorting strip for LTE/GSM/UMTS operation in the mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 7, 2479-2483, Jul. 2010.
11. Li, R. L., X. L. Quan, Y. H. Cui, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Directional triple-band planar antenna for WLAN/WiMAX access points," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 6, 305-306, Mar. 2012.
12. Lee, C.-T. and K.-L. Wong, "Uniplanar printed coupled-fed PIFA with a band-notching slit for WLAN/WiMAX operation in the laptop computer," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 4, 1252-1258, Apr. 2009.
13. Lu, J.-H. and B.-J. Huang, "Planar compact slot antenna with multi-band operation for IEEE 802.16m application," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 3, 1411-1414, Apr. 2013.
14. Bhatti, R. A., Y.-T. Im, and S.-O. Park, "Compact PIFA for mobile terminals supporting multiple cellular and non-cellular standards," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2534-2540, Sep. 2009.
15. Chen, S.-C. and K.-L. Wong, "Small-size 11-band LTE/WWAN/WLAN internal mobile phone antenna," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 11, 2603-2608, Nov. 2010.
16. Wong, K.-L., W.-Y. Chen, and T.-W. Kang, "On-board printed coupled-fed loop antenna in close proximity to the surrounding ground plane for penta-band WWAN mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 3751-757, Mar. 2011.
17. Ansoft Corporation HFSS, http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss/,.