In this letter, a novel frequency-reconfigurable monopole antenna with several switchable states including an ultra wideband (UWB) state, filtering narrowband states, and a tunable filtering band state is presented. The antenna, which supports most applicable overlook narrowband frequencies between the 2-6 GHz, can be used in multiradio wireless systems. Moreover, the proposed antenna, which can avoid UWB interference and has narrowband functionality, has good potential for use in cognitive radio.
2. Mardani, H., S. Abazari Aghdam, and M. Mardani, "An effective approach for creating multi-notch characteristics in monopole antennas," International Conference on Electronics Device, Systems & Applications (ICEDS), 1-4, Apr. 2011.
3. Mardani, H. and S. A. Aghdam, "A novel multi-notch compact monopole antenna for UWB applications," IEICE Electron. Exp., Vol. 8, No. 20, 1698-1702, 2011.
4. Abazari Aghdam, S. and M. Hosseini Varkiani, "Small monopole antenna with semi-circular ground plane for UWB applications with variable band-notch structure," Microwave Optical Technology Lett., Vol. 55, No. 1, 12-14, Jan. 2013.
5. Yousefzadeh, Y., J. Pourahmadazar, and S. Abazari Aghdam, "Compact UWB microstrip BPF using meander line resonator," Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Antennas Propag. (APSURSI), 802-803, 2013.
6. Behdad, N. and K. Sarabandi, "A varactor-tuned dual-band slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 2, 401-408, Feb. 2006.
7. Sung, Y. J., "Reconfigurable patch antenna for polarization diversity," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 3053-3054, 2008.
8. Jin, N. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "A novel patch antenna with switchable slot (PASS): Dual-frequency operation with reversed circular polarizations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 3, 1031-1034, 2006.
9. Zarei, V., H. Bodaghi, and S. A. Aghdam, "A novel CPW-fed polarization reconfigurable microstrip antenna," Proc. 83rd ARFTG Conf., 1-4, 2014.
10. Hu, Z. H., P. S. Hall, J. R. Kelly, and P. Gardner, "UWB pyramidal monopole antenna with tunable band-notched behavior," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 24, 1588-1590, 2010.
11. Perruisseau-Carrier, J., P. Pardo-Carrera, and P. Miskovsky, "Modeling, design and characterization of a very wideband slot antenna with reconfigurable band rejection," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 7, 2218-2226, 2010.
12. Barrera, J. D. and G. H. Huff, "A fluidic loading mechanism in a polarization reconfigurable antenna with a comparison to solid state approaches," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 8, 4008-4014, Aug. 2014.
13. Jeong, W.-S., D.-Z. Kim, W.-G. Lim, and J. W. Yu, "Tunable band-notch ultra wideband planar monopole antenna using varactor," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 12, 2009.
14. Abazari Aghdam, S., "Reconfigurable antenna with a diversity filtering band feature utilizing active devices for communication systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 10, 5223-5228, Oct. 2013.
15. Abazari Aghdam, S., "A novel UWB monopole antenna with tunable notched behavior using varactor diode," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1243-1246, 2014.
16. Aghdam, S. A. and J. Bagby, "Monopole antenna with tunable stop-band function," Proc. 14th Annu. IEEE Wireless Microw. Technol. Conf., 1-3, 2013.
17. Boudaghi, H., J. Pourahmadazar, and S. A. Aghdam, "Compact UWB monopole antenna with reconfigurable band notches using PIN diode switches," Proc. 14th Annu. IEEE Wireless Microw. Technol. Conf., 1-4, 2013.
18. Aghdam, S. A. and J. Bagby, "Reconfigurable monopole antenna for filtered multi-radio wireless application," Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Antennas Propag. (APSURSI) , 1746-1747, 2013.