A flexible VHF/UHF Vivaldi antenna is proposed. The antenna is realized on 600 × 600 mm2 silicone substrate with a thickness of 1.5 mm. The silicone substrate is used due to its low cost, its robustness and its flexibility. The antenna has a 6-dB impedance bandwidth from 150 MHz to 10 GHz. The measurements have shown that the bending slightly affect the impedance and the radiation patterns of the antenna. This last one is used for military applications to receive and find the source of VHF/UHF micro-wave emissions.
2. Shafieda, J. H., J. Noorinia, and C. Ghobadi, "Probing the feed line parameters in Vivaldi notch antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 237-252, 2008.
3. Shuppert, B., "Microstrip/slotline transitions: Modeling and experimental investigation," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 36, No. 8, 1272-1282, Aug. 1988.
4. Shin, J. and S. H. Schaubert, "A parameter study of stripline-fed Vivaldi notch-antenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 5, 879-886, May 1999.
5. Gazit, E., "Improved design of the Vivaldi antenna," IEEE Proceedings H — Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 135, No. 2, 89-92, Apr. 1988.
6. Langley, J. D. S., P. S. Hall, and P. Newham, "Novel ultrawide-bandwidth Vivaldi antenna with low crosspolarisation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 29, No. 23, 2004-2005, Nov. 1993.
7. Mantash, M., S. Collardey, A.-C. Tarot, and A. Presse, "Dual-band WiFi and 4G LTE textile antenna," 2013 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 422-425, Apr. 2013.
8. Trajkovikj, J. and A. K. Skrivervik, "Soft and flexible antennas on permittivity adjustable PDMS substrates," 2012 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 1-4, Nov. 2012.
9. Liu, Q., K. L. Ford, R. Langley, A. Robinson, and S. Lacour, "Stretchable antennas," 2012 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 168-171, Mar. 2012.
10. Moon-Que, L. and N. Sangwook, "An accurate broadband measurment of substrate dielectric constant," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 6, No. 4, 168-170, Apr. 1996.
11. Liu, D., U. Pfeiffer, J. Grzyb, and B. Gaucher, Advanced Millimeter-Wave Technologies: Antennas, Packaging and Circuit, Ch. 5, 163–232, John Wiley and Sones, Ltd, UK, ISBN 978-0-470-99617-1, 2009.
12. Presse, A., J. M. Floc’h, A.-C. Tarot, and C. Camus, "Broadband UHF flexible Vivaldi antenna," 2013 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), 277-280, Nov. 11-12, 2013.