Novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) rectangular stacked dielectric resonator antennas (DRAs) with band-notched characteristics are proposed. The DRAs are designed to cover the FCC band (3.1-10.6 GHz) and have very compact sizes, due to the shorting conductor. Printed dipoles that are placed on one side of the dielectric resonator will resonate and generate band notches within the ultra-wide operating band. Simulations and measurements confirm the validation of the design principle.
2. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular disc monopole antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 611, 3500-3504, 2005.
3. Denidni, T. A. and Z. Weng, "Rectangular dielectric resonator antenna for ultrawideband applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 624, 1210-1212, 2009.
4. Ge, Y., K. P. Esselle, and T. S. Bird, "Compact dielectric resonator antennas with ultra-wide 60–110% bandwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 69, 3445-3448, 2011.
5. Ge, Y., "Methods to improve the bandwidth performance for compact dielectric resonator antennas," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 610, 2252-2256, 2012.
6. Huang, C. Y., S. A. Huang, and C. F. Yang, "Band-notched ultra-wideband circular slot antenna with inverted C-shaped parasitic strip," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 615, 891-892, 2008.
7. Abedian, M., S. K. A. Rahim, S. Danesh, M. Khalily, and S. M. Noghbei, "Ultrawideband dielectric resonator antenna with WLAN band rejection at 5.8GHz," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1523-1526, 2013.
8. Denidni, T. A. and Z.Weng, "Hybrid ultrawideband dielectric resonator antenna and band-notched designs," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 5, No. 64, 450-458, 2011.
9. Wang, Y. F., T. A. Denidni, Q. S. Zeng, and G. Wei, "Band-notched UWB rectangular dielectric resonator antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 67, 483-484, 2014.