A broadband rectifying circuit with high microwave-direct current (mw-dc) conversion efficiency is designed based on the voltage doubling circuit. The rectifying circuit consists of a broadband match network, a capacitance, a diode, a dc-pass filter formed by three fan-shaped stubs and a resistive load. The measured results show a maximum mw-dc conversion efficiency of 78.3% at 2.45 GHz centre frequency on a 900 Ω load. When the input power is 15 dBm, the bandwidth of efficiencies higher than 50% is about 57% (1.65 GHz-3.05 GHz). The simulated results agree with the measured ones. The rectifying circuit has the characteristics of simple structure and easy integration, which can be applied in the microwave power transmission systems.
2. Alirio, J. and B. C. Nuno, "A batteryless RFID remote control system," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 7, 2727-2736, 2013.
3. Kaibin, H. and K. N. Vincent, "Enabling wireless power transfer in cellular networks: Architecture, modeling and deployment," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 13, No. 2, 902-912, 2014.
4. Huang, W., B. Zhang, X. Chen, K.-M. Huang, and C.-J. Liu, "Study on an S-band rectenna array for wireless microwave power transmission," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 747-758, 2013.
5. Ren, Y. J. and K. Chang, "Bow-tie retrodirective rectenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 4, 191-192, 2006.
6. Phongcharoenpanich, C., K. Boonying, and S. Kosulvit, "Dual-polarized flat rectenna for 2.45GHz," IEEE-APS Topcial Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications, 1433-1436, 2013.
7. Yang, X. X., C. Jiao, A. Z. Elsherbeni, F. Yang, and Y. Q. Wang, "A novel compact printed rectenna for data communication systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 5, 2532-2539, 2013.
8. Hagerty, J. A. and F. B. Helmbrecht, "Recycling ambient microwave energy with broad-band rectenna arrays," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, No. 3, 1014-1024, 2004.
9. Collado, A. and A. Georgiadis, "Conformal hybrid solar and electromagnetic (EM) energy harvesting rectenna," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 60, No. 8, 2225-2234, 2013.
10. Shin, J., M. Seo, J. Choi, J. So, and C. Cheon, "A compact and wideband circularly polarized rectenna with high efficiency at X-band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 145, 163-173, 2014.
11. Yo, T. C., et al., "Compact circularly polarized rectenna with unbalanced circular slots," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 3, 882-886, 2008.
12., "HSMS-286x surface mount RF Schottky barrier diodes,", Data Sheet, Avago Technology, 2007.
13., "The advanced design system (ADS),", Agilent Corp., 2005.