A novel dual-band bandpass filter based on shorted rectangular patch resonator is proposed and experimentally studied. The resonant modes and frequencies of the shorted rectangular patch resonator are analyzed. Based on miniature structure of the new resonator, a novel dual-band bandpass filter with good out-of-band performance is designed for demonstration. The experimental results agree well with numerical simulations.
2. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Compact dual-band microstrip bandpass filter without external feeds," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 10, 644-646, 2005.
3. Quendo, C., E. Rius, and C. Person, "Narrow bandpass filters using dual-behavior resonators based on stepped-impedance stubs and different-length stubs," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 3, 1034-1044, 2004.
4. Feng, W. J., Q. Xue, and W. Q. Che, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter based on stepped impedance resonators and T-shaped line," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 12, 2721-2724, 2010.
5. James, J. R. and P. S. Hall, Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, Peter Peregrinus, London, UK, 1989.
6. Wong, K. L., Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antenna, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
7. Lu, J. H., "Single-feed dual-frequency rectangular microstrip antenna with pair of step-slots," Electron. Lett., Vol. 5, 354-355, 1999.
8. Tu, W. H. and K. Chang, "Miniaturized dual-mode bandpass filter with harmonic control," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 12, 838-840, 2005.
9. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Edition, Jonh Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998.
10. Hong, W., B. Liu, Y. Q. Wang, Q. H. Lai, and K. Wu, "Half mode substrate integrated waveguide: A new guided wave structure for microwave and millimeter wave application," Infrared Millimeter Waves and 14th International Conference on Teraherz Electronics, 219, 2006.
11. Rizzi, P. A., Microwave Engineering, Passive Circuits, 466-468, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1988.