A new approach to design a dual-band matching network using a dual-band quarter-wave line is presented. The proposed matching network is capable of simultaneously matching frequency-dependent complex loads (FDCLs) having different values at two arbitrary frequencies to a real source impedance, Z0. A very simple step-wise design procedure is discussed for the transformer along with closed-form design equations which are very simple in nature. For experimental verification, two PCB prototypes have been fabricated using FR-4 material, operating at 1 GHz and 2.42 GHz. The measurements results matches well with that obtained from simulation, exhibiting good performance.
2. Monzon, C., "A small dual-frequency transformer in two sections," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 4, 1157-1161, Apr. 2003.
3. Sophocles, J. and A. Orfanidis, "Two-section dual-band Chebyshev impedance transformer," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 9, 382-384, Sep. 2003.
4. Park, M. J. and B. Lee, "Dual band design of single stub impedance matching networks with application to dual band stubbed T junctions," Wiley Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 6, 1359-1362, 2010.
5. Maktoomi, M. A. and M. S. Hashmi, "A coupled-line based L-section DC-isolated dual-band real to real impedance transformer and its application to a dual-band T-junction power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 55, 95-104, 2014.
6. Liu, X., Y. Liu, S. Li, F. Wu, and Y. Wu, "A three-section dual-band transformer for frequency dependent complex load impedance," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 10, 611-613, Oct. 2009.
7. Chuang, M.-L., "Dual-band impedance transformer using two-section shunt stubs," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 58, No. 5, 1257-1263, May 2010.
8. Chuang, M.-L., "Analytical design of dual-band impedance transformer with additional transmission zero," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 9, No. 13, 1120-1126, Oct. 2014.
9. Maktoomi, M. A., M. S. Hashmi, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "A T-section dual-band matching network for frequency-dependent complex loads incorporating coupled line with DC-block property suitable for dual-band transistor amplifiers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 54, 75-84, 2014.
10. Cheng, K.-K. M. and F.-L. Wong, "A new Wilkinson power divider design for dual band application," IEEE Microw. Wireless Comp. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 9, 664-666, Sep. 2007.
11. Rawat, K., M. S. Hashmi, and F. M. Ghannouchi, "Dual-band RF circuits and components for multi-standard software defined radios," IEEE Circuits & Systems Magazine, Vol. 12, No. 1, 12-32, First Quater 2012.