A wideband antenna with band notch function using electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structure is proposed. The antenna is capable of reconfiguring up to three band notch operation. Three EBGs are aligned underneath the feed line of the wideband antenna. The transmission lines over EBGs unit cells perform as a band stop filter. A switch is placed on each of the EBG structure, which enables the reconfigurable band stop operation. The simulated and measured reflection coefficients, together with the radiation patterns, are shown to demonstrate the performance of the antenna.
2. Lee, W.-S., D.-Z. Kim, K.-J. Kim, and J.-W. Yu, "Wideband planar monopole antennas with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 6, 2800-2806, 2006.
3. Liu, X. L., Y.-Z. Yin, P. A. Liu, J. H. Wang, and B. Xu, "A CPW-fed dual band-notched UWB antenna with a pair of bended dual-L-shape parasitic branches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 623-634, 2013.
4. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
5. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J.-D. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wideband antenna with dual band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-536, 2012.
6. Valizade, A., C. Ghobadi, J. Nourinia, and M. Ojaroudi, "A novel design of reconfigurable slot antenna with switchable band notch and multiresonance functions for UWB applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1166-1169, 2012.
7. Lotfi, P., M. Azarmanesh, and S. Soltani, "Rotatable dual band-notched UWB/triple-band WLAN reconfigurable antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 104-107, 2013.
8. Kalteh, A. A., G. R. Dadash-Zadeh, M. Naser-Moghadasi, and B. S. Virdee, "Ultra-wideband circular slot antenna with reconfigurable notch band function," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 6, 108-112, 2011.
9. Xia, Y.-Q. and J. Luo, "Novel miniature printed monopole antenna with dual tunable band-notched characteristics for UWB applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 13, 1783-1793, 2010.
10. Chen, B., W. Leng, A. G. Wang, and G. H. Zhao, "Compact ultra-wideband antenna with reconfigurable notched bands," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 19, 1175-1176, 2012.
11. Li, C.-M. and L.-H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
12. Ben Trad, I., J.-M. Floch, H. Rmili, L. Laadhar, and M. Drissi, "Planar elliptic broadband antenna with wide range reconfigurable narrow notched bands for multi-standard wireless communication devices," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 145, 69-80, 2014.
13. Sievenpiper, D., L. Zhang, R. F. J. Broas, N. G. Alexopolous, and E. Yablonovitch, "High-impedance electromagnetic surfaces with a forbidden frequency band," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 11, 2059-2074, Nov. 1999.
14. Tanabe, M., Y. Oishi, and Y. Masuda, "Radiation characteristics of a wideband dipole antenna over an electromagnetic band-gap reflector," IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC), 373-376, 2014.
15. Li, T., H. Q. Zhai, G. H. Li, and C. H. Liang, "Design of compact band-notched antenna by means of electromagnetic-bandgap structures," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 11, 608-609, 2012.
16. Ayop, O. and M. K. A. Rahim, "Analysis of mushroom-like electromagnetic bandgap structure using suspended transmission line technique," IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference, 258-261, 2011.
17. Masri, T. and M. K. A. Rahim, "Dual band microstrip antenna array with a combination of mushroom, modified Minkowski and Sierpenski EBG," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, 1756-1763, 2010.