As we all know, traditional transmission electromagnetic pulse simulator has restricted test space problem. This paper proposes a new directed radiation fast rising time electromagnetic pulse (FREMP) simulator scheme which is based on transverse electric magnetic (TEM) wave antenna of a wire edge curl structure. Through numerical simulation, we study the influence of the parameters of wire edge curl TEM horn antenna and the effect of absorption resistance on radiation field. The simulation results show that the wire edge curl TEM horn antenna can effectively improve the ability of low frequency radiation. It can provide a theoretical support for developing FREMP simulator. We also demonstrate the feasibility of developing FREMP simulator using wire edge curl TEM horn antenna through experiments. Finally, the experimental results show that the radiation field of FREMP simulator developed by wire edge curl TEM horn antenna can meet high-altitude nuclear electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) requirements.
2. Zhou, X. and T.-J. Cui, "Efficient evaluation of near-field time-domain physical-optics integral using locally expanded Green function approximation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 150, 41-48, 2015.
3. Cummer, S. A., et al., "The source altitude, electric current, and intrinsic brightness of terrestrial gamma ray flashes," Geophysical Research Letters, Vol. 41, No. 23, 8586-8593, Dec. 16, 2014.
4. Umbarkar, S. B., et al., "Analysis of HTEM horn-type antenna for high-power impulse radiation applications,", Vol. 42, No. 10, 3288-3294, 2014.
5. Shao, J., et al., "UWB TEM horn antenna for the asphalt pavement investigation," Journal of Electronics (China), Vol. 31, No. 1, 24-28, 2014.
6. Xiong, X., et al., "Impedance model of dipole antenna combined with the structure parameters of GTEM cell," Proceedings of the 2014 Sixth International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks, IEEE Computer Society, 44-47, 2014.
7. Li, Y., et al., "Radiation enhanced broadband planar TEM horn antenna," IEEE Microwave Conference (APMC), 2014 Asia-Pacific, 720-722, 2014.