In this letter, a compact stable bandpass frequency selective surface (FSS) operating at 3.14 GHz is proposed by using a novel Y-type element. The measured and numerical results are in good agreement, except a little deviation of resonant frequency and a little change of bandwidth, which show that the proposed FSS has good angle and polarization stability. Numerical results show that the dimension of the element is only 0.042λ0×0.042λ0, where λ0 represents the wavelength at the resonant frequency 3.14 GHz. Thus, the FSS is suitable for practical application in limited space.
2. Vardaxoglou, J. C., Frequency Selective Surfaces, Wiley, New York, 1997.
3. Zhang, J.-C., Y.-Z. Yin, and J.-P. Ma, "Design of narrow band-pass frequency selective surfaces for millimeter wave applications," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 96, 287-289, 2009.
4. Yang, H.-Y., S.-X. Gong, P.-F. Zhang, F.-T. Zha, and J. Ling, "A novel miniaturized frequency selective surface with excellent center frequency stability," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2513-2516, 2009.
5. Bayatpur, F. and K. Sarabandi, "Single-layer high-order miniaturized-element frequency selective surfaces," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 56, No. 4, 774-781, 2008.
6. Dorsey, W. M., C. S. McDermitt, F. Bucholtz, and M. G. Parent, "Design and performance of frequency selective surface with integrated photodiodes for photonic calibration of phased array antennas," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 58, 157-162, 2012.
7. Yang, G., T. Zhang, W. Li, and Q. Wu, "A novel stable miniaturized frequency selective surface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 1018-1021, 2010.
8. Liu, H. L., K. L. Ford, and R. J. Langley, "Design methodology for a miniaturized frequency selective surface using lumped reactive components," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 9, 2732-2738, 2009.
9. Mohamadi, F. M. and N. Komjani, "Bandwidth enhancement of microstrip patch antenna using jerusalem cross-shaped frequency selective surfaces by invasive weed optimization approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 103-120, 2012.
10. Yuan, Z.-D., J. Gao, X.-Y. Cao, and H.-H. Yang, "A novel frequency selective surface with stable performance and its application in microstrip antenna," Acta Phys. Sin., Vol. 63, No. 1, 014102, 2014.
11. Zheng, S., Y. Yin, J. Fan, and X. Yang, "Analysis of miniature frequency selective surfaces based on fractal antenna-filter-antenna arrays," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 240-243, 2012.
12. Hu, X.-D., X.-L. Zhou, L.-S. Wu, L. Zhou, and W.-Y. Yin, "A miniaturized dual-band frequency selective surface (FSS) with closed loop and its complementary pattern," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 18, 1374-1377, 2009.