In this paper, a novel dual-band antenna with coupled line and different impedance extension lines is presented and analyzed. This simple antenna is composed of three antenna radiations with symmetric coupled lines, and it occupies a compact space of 80 × 30 × 1 mm3. The achieved 10-dB bandwidths of the dual-band operation in free-space condition are 200 MHz and 100 MHz, respectively, which support the 1.8/2.6 GHz Long Term Evolution (LTE) operating bands. Furthermore, various parameters are investigated to examine the effects of the antenna parameters on return loss as well as the gain of the proposed antenna.
2. Lu, J. and Y. Wang, "Planar small-size eight-band LTE/WWAN monopole antenna for tablet computers," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 8, 4372-4377, 2014.
3. Lu, J. and J. Guo, "Small-size octaband monopole antenna in an LTE/WWAN mobile phone," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 548-551, 2014.
4. Ouedraogo, R. O., J. Tang, K. Fuchi, E. J. Rothwell, A. R. Diaz, and P. Chahal, "A tunable dual-band miniaturized monopole antenna for compact wireless devices," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 1247-1250, 2014.
5. Wang, X., Y. Yu, and W. Che, "A novel dual-band printed monopole antenna based on planar inverted-cone antenna (PICA) ," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 217-220, 2014.
6. Yan, S., P. J. Soh, and G. A. E. Vandenbosch, "Wearable dual-band composite right/left-handed waveguide textile antenna for WLAN applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, 424-426, 2014.
7. Chien, H.-Y., C.-Y.-D. Sim, and C.-H. Lee, "Dual-band meander monopole antenna for WLAN operation in laptop computer," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 694-697, 2013.
8. Naser-Moghadasi, M., R. Sadeghzadeh, L. Asadpor, and B. S. Virdee, "A small dual-band CPW-fed monopole antenna for GSM and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 508-511, 2013.
9. Panda, J. R. and R. S. Kshetrimayum, "A printed 2.4GHz/5.8GHz dual-band monopole antenna with a protruding stub in the ground plane for WLAN and RFID applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 425-434, 2011.
10. Liu, W.-C., "“Optimal design of dualband CPW-fed G-shaped monopole antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007.
11. Zhao, G., F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Z.-B.Weng, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007.
12. Sun, X. L., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Dual-band monopole antenna with frequency-tunable feature for WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 100-103, 2013.
13. Zhang, L., K. Y. See, B. Zhang, and Y. P. Zhang, "Integration of dual-band monopole and microstrip grid array for single-chip tri-band application," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 1, 439-443, 2013.
14. Siddiqui, J. Y., C. Saha, and Y. M. M. Antar, "Compact SRR loaded UWB circular monopole antenna with frequency notch characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 8, 4015-4020, 2014.
15. Fujimoto, T. and K. Jono, "Wideband rectangular printed monopole antenna for circular polarisation," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 8, No. 9, 649-656, 2014.