This paper presents a method for improving Angle-of-Arrival estimation accuracy in multipath environments using a sliding antenna array consisting of only two antennas. The proposed method is then experimentally validated by means of a dual channel Software-Defined Radio receiver and a wireless microphone.
2. Lavate, T. B., V. K. Kokate, and A. M. Sapkal, "Performance analysis of MUSIC and ESPRIT DOA estimation algorithms for adaptive array smart antenna in mobile communication," International Journal of Computer Network (IJCN), Vol. 2, No. 3, 152-158, 2010.
3. Schmidt, R. O., "Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 34, 276-280, 1986.
4. Evans, J. E., J. R. Johnson, and D. F. Suns, "Applications of advanced signal processing techniques to angle of arrival estimation in ATC navigation and surveillance system,", Tech. Rep. 582, Lincoln Lab, MIT, Lexington, MA, Jun. 1982.
5. Paulraj, A., V. U. Reddy, T. J. Shan, and T. Kailath, "Performance analysis of the MUSIC algorithm with spatial smoothing in the presence of coherent sources," Proc. Military Communication Conf., 41.5.1-41.5.5, 1986.
6. Johnson, R. L., "Antenna array design for covariance-based direction-finding methods," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 36, No. 11, 1537-1554, Nov. 1988.
7. Chan, Y. K. and V. C. Koo, "An introduction to synthetic aperture RADAR (SAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 27-60, 2008.
8. Gibson, P. J., "The Vivaldi aerial," Proc. of the European Microwave Conference, Vol. 9, 101-105, 1979.
9. Finne, M., Methods for Direction-finding of Direct-sequence Spread-spectrum Signals, DIANE Publishing, 1996.
10. Falk, J., P. Handel, and M. Jansson, "Direction finding for electronic warfare systems using the phase of the cross spectral density," Proc. Radiovetenskap och Kommunikation 2002, Stockholm, Sweden, 2002.