A topology of high-frequency field intensity in the work area of a saddle-shaped coil for a nuclear qaudrupole resonance spectrometer was studied. With a view to determine magnetic field topology, a computational domain was created which is a model of a saddle-shaped coil physical structure. Finite element method was used to perform numerical simulation in COMSOL Multiphysics software. According to the results of calculations performed and the field maps obtained, the relative volume of coil work area was determined which makes 28.12% of its full volume. For such a volume the recommended size of samples under study is 12×18×10 mm3.
2. Khandozhko, V., N. Raranskii, V. Balazjuk, Z. Kovalyuk, and A. Samila, "Temperature and baric dependence of nuclear quadruple resonance spectra in indium and gallium monoselenides," Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 9066, 90661G-7, 2013.
3. Schneider, H. and P. Dullenkopf, "Slotted tube resonator: A new NMR probe head at high observing frequencies," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 48, No. 1, 68-73, 1977.
4. Grechishkin, V. S. and N. Ya. Sinyavskii, "Remote nuclear quadrupole resonance in solids," Physics-Uspekhi (Advances in Physical Sciences), Vol. 36, No. 10, 980-1003, 1993.
5. Brailovskyy, V. V., A. P. Samila, and O. G. Khandozhko, "Topology of high-frequency field strength of microwave spectrometer sensor coil," Visnyk of Lviv Polytechnic National University, No. 646, 46-51, 2009 (in Ukrainian).
6. Hoult, D. I., "The NMR receiver: A description and analysis of design," Progress in NMR Spectroscopy, Vol. 12, No. 1, 41-77, 1978.
7., , http://open.ifmo.ru/images/b/b6/144261 book.pdf.
8. Marrocco, B. J. D., D. J. Drost, and F. S. Prato, "An optimized head coil design for MR imaging at 0.15 T," Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol. 5, No. 2, 143-159, 1987.
9. Glukhenkyi, O. I., Yu. M. Goryslavets, and A. V. Tokarevskyi, "Three-dimensional simulation of single-phase electromagnetic stirrer of liquid metal," Technical Electrodynamics, No. 5, 77-84, 2013 (in Russian).
10., , http://www.comsol.com/.
11. Glukhenkyi, O. I. and Yu. M. Goryslavets, "Scalar electric and vector magnetic potentials in theory of electromagnetic field," Technical Electrodynamics, No. 2, 7-8, 2012 (in Russian).