A novel compact differential microstrip antenna is presented. Owing to the introduction of slots in the patch and ground plane, the size of the proposed differential antenna is about 0.45 times that of the traditional microstrip antennas. The measured results show that the proposed antenna can work at 2.45 GHz. The gain is about 5.54 dB and the impedance bandwidth about 150 MHz.
2. Richard, W. F., Y. T. Lo, and D. D. Harrision, "An improved theory for microstrip antennas and applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 29, 38-46, 1981.
3. Lo, Y. T., D. Solomon, and W. F. Richards, "Theory and experiment on mirostrip antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 27, 137-145, 1979.
4. Wong, K.-L. and J.-Y. Wu, "Single-feed small circularly polarized square microstrip antenna," Electronics. Lett., Vol. 33, No. 22, 1833-1834, 1997.
5. Zhang, Y. P. and J. J. Wang, "Theory and analysis of differentially-driven microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 4, 1092-1099, 2006.
6. Brauner, T., R. Vogt, and W. Bachtold, "A differential active patch antenna element for array applications," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 4, 161-163, 2003.
7. Wong, W. and Y. P. Zhang, "0.18-mm CMOS push-pull power amplifier with antenna in IC package," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, 13-15, 2004.
8. Xue, Q., X. Y. Zhang, and C.-H. K. Chin, "A novel differential-fed patch antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag., Vol. 5, 471-474, 2006.
9. Chin, C. H., Q. Xue, and H. Wong, "Broadband patch antenna with a folded plate pair as a differential feeding scheme," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 9, 2461-2467, 2007.
10. Wu, H., J. Zhang, L. Yan, L. Han, R. Yang, and W. Zhang, "Differential dual-band antenna-in-package with T-shaped slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1446-1449, 2012.