A compact dual-polarized antenna element integrated with balun is proposed. Two pairs of dipoles are employed for the dual-polarizations of the antenna, and strong mutual coupling between them is introduced to widen the bandwidth of the antenna. Bent dipoles are used to reduce the size of the antenna. The simulated and measured results show that the proposed antenna can cover the bandwidth ranging from 790 MHz to 960 MHz with VSWR < 1.5 and isolation > 26 dB. The antenna element is also fabricated and tested. The measured results show that the antenna can be a good candidate for the design of European Digital Dividend/CDMA800/GSM900 mobile communication base station antenna.
2. Bin Asrokin, A., et al., "Design of X-polarized GSM 900 base station antenna with field test measurement," 2010 Second International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications, 94-98, IEEE Computer Society, 2010.
3. Kaboli, M., et al., "High-isolation XX-polar antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, 4046-4055, 2012.
4. Sharma, D. K., et al., "Shared aperture dual band dual polarization microstrip patch antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 55, 917-922, 2013.
5. Gou, Y., et al., "A compact dual-polarized double E-shaped patch antenna with high isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, 4349-4353, 2013.
6. Chiou, T. W. and K. L. Wong, "A compact dual-band dual-polarized patch antenna for 900/1800-MHz cellular systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, 1936-1940, 2003.
7. Liu, X., et al., "A novel low-profile, dual-band, dual-polarization broadband array antenna for 2G/3G base station," International Conference on Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, 1-4, 2006.
8. Suh, S. Y., et al., "A novel low-profile, dual-polarization, multi-band base-station antenna element --- The fourpoint antenna," Vehicular Technology Conference, 2004. VTC2004-Fall. 2004 IEEE 60th. IEEE, Vol. 1, 225-229, 2004.
9. Chen, Y.-P., H.-J. Sun, and X. Lv, "Novel design of dual-polarization broad-band and dual-band printed L-shaped probe fed microstrip patch antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 2-3, 297-308, 2009.
10. Jin, Y. and Z. Du, "Broadband dual-polarized f-probe fed stacked patch antenna for base stations," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1121-1124, 2015.
11. Dai, X.-W., T. Zhou, and G.-F. Cui, "Dual-band microstrip circular patch antenna with monopolar radiation pattern," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. PP, No. 99, 1, 2015.
12. Peng, H.-L., W.-Y. Yin, J.-F. Mao, D. Huo, X. Hang, and L. Zhou, "A compact dual-polarized broadband antenna with hybrid beam-forming capabilities," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 253-271, 2011.
13. Xie, J.-J., Y.-Z. Yin, J. Ren, and T.Wang, "A wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with electric probe and magnetic loop feeds ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 499-515, 2012.
14. Moradi, K. and S. Nikmehr, "A dual-band dual-polarized microstrip array antenna for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 527-541, 2012.