In this paper, a novel quad-band combination of circularly-polarized microstrip antenna is proposed. This antenna has multi-frequency and quad-polarization with multiple coaxial probes, which cover four bands of the BeiDou navigation system (BDS), meeting different application requirements. By using a stacked structure to achieve feed and using symmetrical slotted method to place the coaxial probes, the multi-frequency antenna is connected together through the middle co-aperture. Meanwhile, the feed position and size are constantly optimized until get the most suitable one, and the necessary perturbation is obtained. We also introduce a broadband stripline 90° bridge. Ultimately, the circularly-polarized and multi-frequency operation is achieved. Furthermore, the novel design enables easy implementation, miniaturization, wide band, which can meet the application requirements and promote the development of the BDS, which can be combined with the Internet of Things technology, applied to life and production.
2. Yonezawa, K., "Evaluation of Geometric Performance of Global Positioning System," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 14, No. 3, 533-539, 1978.
3. Dale, S. A. and P. Daly, "The Soviet Union’s GLONASs navigation satellites," Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, IEEE, Vol. 2, No. 5, 13-17, 1987.
4. Dale, S. A. and P. Daly, "Developments in interpretation of the GLONASS navigation satellite," Proceedings of the IEEE 1988 National Aerospace and Electronics Conference, 1988. NAECON 1988, 292-297, 1988.
5. Hu, H. and C. Yuan, "Performance analysis of galileo global position system," 2009 2nd International Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System (PEITS), Vol. 1, 396-399, 2009.
6. Chamberlain, S. M., "Combined GPS/GLONASS navigation," NTC’91., National Telesystems Conference, Proceedings, 205-210, 1991.
7., "IEEE standard for definitions of terms for antennas," IEEE Std 145-2013 (Revision of IEEE Std 145-1993), 1-50, 2014.
8. Chen, C. and X. Zhang, "Simulation analysis of positioning performance of BeiDou-2 satellite navigation system," 2010 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computer Control (ICACC), Vol. 4, 148-152, 2010.
9. Chen, J.-C., D.-J. Zhang, and X.-H. Gao, "Research of BeiDou system in electric power system time service," China International Conference on Electricity Distribution, 2008. CICED 2008, 1-5, 2008.
10. Schulze, R., R. E. Wallis, R. K. Stilwell, and W. Cheng, "Enabling antenna systems for extreme deep-space mission applications," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 95, No. 10, 1976-1985, 2007.
11. Lu, X., Y. Liao, B. Li, and L. Deng, "BeiDou integrated disaster reduction application platform," Communications, China, Vol. 12, No. 8, 169-182, 2015.
12. Hu, Q. and M. Zhang, "Design of positioning and sensing network system based on BeiDou," 2014 International Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Network (WCSN), 101-105, 2014.
13. Li, J., J. Zhang, B. Zhang, and B. Shen, "Operation and development of beidou navigation satellite system," 2015 International Association of Institutes of Navigation World Congress (IAIN), 1-6, 2015.
14. Li, X., F. Wei, and D. Zhang, "A new design of common-aperture and tri-band tri-polarized microstrip antennas," Chinese Journal of Electron Devices, Vol. 38, No. 2, 250-253, 2015.
15. Song, Y., L. Liu, and G. Han, "Antenna design for the BeiDou multiband microstrip navigation system," Electronic Sic. & Apr., Vol. 26, No. 4, 137-139, 2013.
16. Li, S., J. Li, X. Gu, H. Wang, C. Li, J. Wu, and M. Tang, "Reconfigurable all-band RF CMOS transceiver for GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/BeiDou with digitally assisted calibration," IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, Vol. 23, No. 9, 1814-1827, 2015.
17. Li, X., G. Dick, C. Lu, M. Ge, T. Nilsson, T. Ning, J. Wickert, and H. Schuh, "Multi-GNSS meteorology: Real-time retrieving of atmospheric water vapor from BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, and GPS observations," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 53, No. 12, 6385-6393, 2015.
18. Liu, Z., S. Fang, S. Zhu, D. Chen, J. Cao, L. Fu, and Y. Luo, "BeiDou navigation terminal multi-mode asymmetric slots circularly polarized microstrip antenna," 2014 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Antennas and Propagation (APCAP), 382-385, 2014.
19. Chu, Q., W. Lin, W. Lin, and S. Du, "Broadband quadrifilar helix antenna with compact feeding network," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 41, No. 4, 722-726, 2013.
20. Zhang, J., "Beidou satellite navigation RF receiver chip of IF Band-pass filter,", Xidian University, 2014.
21. Xu, X., RF Simulation Design Examples by HFSS, Beijing Electron Industry Press, Beijing, 2015.