Electromechanical interaction between slow electromagnetic wave and anisotropic-conducting film is investigated. The physical effects associated with anisotropic-conducting film are revealed by electromagnetic theory and validated by experiment, and they have established the working principles for a class of electromechanical sensors and/or actuators, which have continuously moving part, and are sensitive to the amplitude and the direction of electromagnetic forces or fields and well able to reflect the resonance characteristics. The revealed and validated physical effects may have significance in quite different science and engineering fields and in wide frequency bands from RF to optics.
2. Lucyszyn, S., "Review of radio frequency microelectromechanical systems technology," IEE Proc. Sci. Meas. Technol., Vol. 151, No. 2, 93-103, 2004.
3. Pothier, A., J. C. Orlianges, G. Z. Zheng, C. Champeaux, A. Catherinot, D. Cros, P. Blondy, and J. Papapolymerou, "Low-loss 2-bit tunable bandpass filters using MEMS DC contact switches," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 53, No. 1, 354-360, 2005.
4. Liu, C., "Recent developments in polymer MEMS," Adv. Mater., Vol. 19, No. 22, 3783-3790, 2007.
5. Entesari, K., K. Obeidat, A. R. Brown, and G. M. Rebeiz, "A 25-75-MHz RF MEMS tunable filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 55, No. 11, 2399-2405, 2007.
6. Lopez, J. L., J. Verd, A. Uranga, J. Giner, G. Murillo, F. Torres, G. Abadal, and N. Barniol, "A CMOS-MEMS RF-tunable bandpass filter based on two high-22-MHz polysilicon clamped-clamped beam resonators," IEEE Electr. Device Lett., Vol. 30, No. 7, 718-720, 2009.
7. Jaafar, H., F. L. Nan, and N. A. M. Yunus, "Design and simulation of high performance RF MEMS series switch," IEEE Regional Symposium on Micro and Nanoelectronics (RSM), 349-353, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, September 2011.
8. Stamper, A. K., C. V. Jahnes, S. R. Dupuis, A. Gupta, Z. X. He, R. T. Herrin, S. E. Luce, J. Maling, D. R. Miga, W. J. Murphy, E. J. White, S. J. Cunningham, D. R. De Reus, I. Vitomirov, and A. S. Morris, "Planar MEMS RF capacitor integration," 16th International Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Conference (Transducers), 1803-1806, Beijing, China, June 2011.
9. Stockman, H. E., "Parametric oscillatory and rotary motion," Proc. Inst. Radio Engrs. Correspondence), Vol. 48, 1157-1158, 1960.
10. Garnier, R. C. and K. Ishii, "Microwave motor," Proc. Inst. Radio Engrs. (Correspondence), Vol. 52, 1380-1381, 1964.
11. Steinhoff, R. W. and T. K. Ishii, "Pickup antenna for waveguide motors," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn. (Correspondence), Vol. 14, No. 9, 438, 1966.
12. Larson, L. E., R. H. Hackett, M. A. Melendes, and R. F. Lohr, "Micromachined microwave actuator (MIMAC) technology-a new tuning approach for microwave integrated circuits," IEEE Microwave & Millimeter-wave Monolithic Circuits Symposium, 27-30, Boston, MA, USA, June 1991.
13. Krylov, S., I. Harari, and Y. Cohen, "Stabilization of electrostatically actuated microstructures using parametric excitation," J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 15, No. 6, 1188-1204, 2005.
14. Zhao, X., C. K. Reddy, and A. H. Nayfeh, "Nonlinear dynamics of an electrically driven impact microactuator," Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 40, No. 3, 227-239, 2005.
15. Ashkin, A., "History of optical trapping and manipulation of small-neutral particle, atom, and molecules," IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron., Vol. 6, No. 6, 841-856, 2000.
16. Higurashi, E., O. Ohguchi, T. Tamamura, H. Ukita, and R. Sawada, "Optically induced rotation of dissymmetrically shaped fluorinated polyimide micro-objects in optical traps," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 82, No. 6, 2773-2779, 1997.
17. Mizrahi, A., M. Horowitz, and L. Schachter, "Torque and longitudinal force exerted by eigenmodes on circular waveguides ," Phys. Rev. A, Vol. 78, No. 2, 0238021-6, 2008.
18. Xia, D. and T. L. Dong, "Reflection and transmission of electromagnetic slow-waves by a uniformly moving dielectric slab," Chinese Sci. Bull., Vol. 55, No. 34, 3875-3879, 2010.
19. Kong, J. A., Electromagnetic Wave Theory, EMW Publishing, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2005.
20. Braginsky, V. B. and A. B. Manukin, Measurement of Weak Forces in Physics Experiments, University of Chicago Press, Pasadena, Chicago, CA, USA, 1977.
21. Gunel, T., "A genetic approach to the synthesis of composite right/left-handed transmission line impedance matching sections," Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEU), Vol. 61, No. 7, 459-462, 2007.
22. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications: The Engineering Approach, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, USA, 2006.
23. Xia, D., R. X. Yao, P. Li, G. Feng, and T. L. Dong, "Measurement of transition frequency of composite transmission line model," Asia-Pacific Power & Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC), 1-2, Wuhan, China, March 2011.