A W-band dual-polarized Cassegrain antenna for cloud radar is proposed. The aperture diameter of the main reflector of the antenna is 50 cm. By using a modified Magic-T structure in the feed horn, the antenna is dual-polarized with high port isolation. The measured results show that the port isolation is 44.7 dB. The gains are 47.3 dB and 49.5 dB for the two ports at 94 GHz, respectively, and the efficiency of the antenna is better than 87%.
2. Moran, K., S. Pezoa, C. Fairall, C. Williams, T. Ayers, A. Brewer, and V. Ghate, "A motion-stabilized W-band radar for shipboard observations of marine boundary-layer clouds," Boundary-layer Meteorology, Vol. 143, No. 1, 3-24, 2012.
3. Lee, K. J., C. H. Jung, J. G. Baek, C. H. Park, and S. Nam, "Design of dual-polarized monopulse Cassegrain antenna for W-band millimeter-wave seeker," The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, Vol. 27, No. 3, 261-268, 2016.
4. Vivekanandan, J., S. Ellis, P. Tsai, E. Loew, W. C. Lee, J. Emmett, and S. Rauenbuehler, "A wing pod-based millimeter wavelength airborne cloud radar," Geoscientific Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems Discussions, Vol. 5, 117-159, 2015.
5. Durden, S. L., S. Tanelli, L. W. Epp, V. Jamnejad, E. M. Long, R. M. Perez, and A. Prata, "System design and subsystem technology for a future spaceborne cloud radar," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 13, No. 4, 560-564, 2016.
6. Myagkov, A., P. Seifert, M. Bauer-Pfundstein, and U. Wandinger, "Cloud radar with hybrid mode towards estimation of shape and orientation of ice crystals," Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, Vol. 9, No. 2, 469-489, 2016.
7. Myagkov, A., P. Seifert, and U.Wandinger, "Effects of antenna patterns on cloud radar polarimetric measurements," Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol. 32, No. 10, 1813-1828, 2015.
8. Mostafavi, M. and G. Lee, "Design of a high isolation dual-polarized offset parabolic reflector," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 2, 1156-1359, 1997.
9. Qiao, X., M. Jin, and L. Song, "Design of a new dual-polarization antenna on missile," Proceedings 2003 6th International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, 161-164, 2003.
10. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
11. Hussein, Z. A. and E. Im, "Analysis of Cassegrain cloud profiling radar antenna with arbitrary projected apertures," Aerospace Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, 101-106, 2000.