This paper presents a design of a compact triple-band bandstop filter (BSF) using embedded capacitors. The presented BSF is useful to suppress the signal frequencies 2.2 GHz, 5.53 GHz and 4.15 GHz from the WLAN and UWB band with attenuation level 33.5 dB, 27.6 dB and 24.9 dB, respectively. The quality factors of the three bands are 5.21, 31.92 and 79.0, respectively. The simulated and measured results are presented to validate the concept. Such BSFs could find application in modern communication systems to suppress the potential interference of the unwanted frequencies from the WLAN and UWB band.
2. Chin, K. S., J. H. Yeh, and S. H. Chao, "Compact dual-band bandstop filters using stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Microw. Wireless Component Lett., Vol. 17, No. 12849-851, Dec. 2007.
3. Chiou, H. K. and C. F. Tai, "Dual-band microstrip bandstop filter using dual-mode loop resonator," Electronic Lett., Vol. 45, No. 10, 507-509, May 2009.
4. Verma, A. K., A. Abdel-Rahman, A. Kumar, A. Balalem, and A. Omar, "New compact dual-band bandstop filter," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 100, No. 4, 497-507, Taylor & Francis, 2013.
5. Liao, S.-S., S.-Y. Yuan, Y.-L. Wu, and T.-Y. Huang, "Compact microstrip bandstop filter with controllable triple stopband response," PIERS Proceedings, 1377-1380, Kula Lumper, Malaysia, Mar. 27-30, 2012.
6. Xiao, J.-K. and Y.-F. Zhu, "Multiband bandstop filter using inner t-shaped defected microstrip structure (DMS)," International Journal of Electronics and Communication (AEU), Vol. 68, 90-96, 2014.
7. Chiu, L. and Q. Xue, "A simple microstrip bandstop filter using cross-coupling stubs," International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, Article ID 473030, 2012.
8. Xiao, J. K. and H. F. Huang, "Square patch resonator banstop filter," 12th IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT), 104-107, Nov. 11-14, 2010.
9. Ning, H., J. Wang, Q. Xiong, and L.-F. Mao, "Design of planar dual and triple narrow-band bandstop filters with independently controlled stopbands and improved spurious response," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 259-274, 2012.
10. Xiao, J.-K. and Y.-F. Zhu, "New U-shaped DGS bandstop filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 25, 179-191, 2012.
11. Jankovic, N., R. Geschke, and V. C. Bengin, "Compact tri-bnad bandpass and bandstop filters based on Hilbert-Fork resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 23, No. 6, Jun. 2013.
12. Dhakal, R. and N. Y. Kim, "A compact systematic microstrip filter based on a rectangular meandered line stepped impedance resonator with a triple band bandstop response," The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2013, Article ID 457693, 2013.
13. Sassi, I., L. Talbi, and K. Hettak, "Compact multi-band filter based on multi-ring complementary split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 57, 127-135, 2015.
14. Koirala, G. R. and N.-Y. Kim, "Multiband bandstop filter using an i-stub-loaded meandered defected microstrip structure," Radioengineering, Vol. 25, No. 1, Apr. 2016.
15. FCC DA 13-1193, , May 2013.
16. CST Microwave Studio, , 2011.