A new technique for mutual coupling reduction, based on the application of electric resonator, is presented in this paper. In this method, first a custom-designed unitcell is presented that provides a proper S12 response for the mutual coupling reduction, and then, this unitcell is used in a two-element array of wideband dipoles. According to the results, this unitcell provides a maximum reduction of 15 dB in the frequency response of the antenna array while does not have a considerable effect on the reflection coefficient and radiation pattern of the antenna. To verify the results, the antenna is fabricated and measured, and there is a very good agreement between the simulation and measurement.
2. Abazari Aghdam, S., "Reconfigurable antenna with a diversity filtering band feature utilizing active devices for communication systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 10, 5223-5228, Oct. 2013.
3. Abazari Aghdam, S., "A novel UWB monopole antenna with tunable notched behavior using varactor diode," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1243-1246, 2014.
4. Farahani, H. S., M. Veysi, M. Kamyab, and A. Tadjalli, "Mutual coupling reduction in patch antenna arrays using a UC-EBG superstrate," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 57-59, 2010.
5. Abazari Aghdam, S. and J. S. Bagby, "Resonator type for the creation of a potentially reconfigurable filtering band in a UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 52, 17-21, 2015.
6. Nouri, M. and S. Abazari Aghdam, "Reconfigurable UWB antenna with electrically control for triple on-demand rejection bandwidth," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 8, 1894-1897, Aug. 2015.
7. Bait-Suwailam, M. M., O. F. Siddiqui, and O. M. Ramahi, "Mutual coupling reduction between microstrip patch antennas using slotted-complementary split-ring resonators," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 876-878, 2010.
8. Zarei, V., H. Boudaghi, M. Nouri, and S. Abazari Aghdam, "Reconfigurable circular polarization antenna with utilizing active devices for communication systems," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, Vol. 30, No. 9, 990-995, Sep. 2015.
9. Karimian, R., H. Oraizi, S. Fakhte, and M. Farahani, "Novel F-shaped quad band printed slot antenna for WLAN and WiMAX MIMO system," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 405-408, 2013.
10. Karimian, R., M. Soleimani, and S. M. Hashemi, "Tri-bands four elements MMO antenna system for WLAN and WiMAX application," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Application, Vol. 26, No. 17-18, 2348-2357, 2012.
11. Shoaib, S., I. Shoaib, N. Shoaib, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Design and performance study of a dual-element multiband printed monopole antenna array for MIMO terminals," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 329-332, 2014.
12. Von, D., B. M. Trindade, C. Muller, M. Cristina, F. De Castro, and F. C. C. D. Castro, "Metamaterials applied to ESPAR antenna for mutual coupling reduction," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 430-433, 2015.
13. Veeramani, A., A. S. Arezomand, J. Vijayakrishnan, and F. B. Zarrabi, "Compact S-shaped EBG structures for reduction of mutual coupling," 2015 Fifth International Conference on Advan Computing & Communication Technologies (ACCT), 21-25, IEEE, 2015.
14. Qi, H., X. Yin, L. Liu, Y. Rong, and H. Qian, "Improving isolation between closely spaced patch antennas using interdigital lines," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 1-1, Jan. 2015.
15. Zhang, S., B. K. Lau, Y. Tan, Z. Ying, and S. He, "Mutual coupling reduction of two PIFAs with a T-shape slot impedance transformer for MIMO mobile terminal," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 3, 1521-1531, Mar. 2012.
16. Qi, H., X. Yin, L. Liu, Y. Rong, and H. Qian, "Mutual coupling suppression between two closely spaced microstrip antennas with an asymmetrical coplanar strip wall," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 15, 2016.
17., , http://www.antennatesting.com.
18., , http://www.antennaworld.com.