A novel wideband horizontally polarized omnidirectional (HPO) antenna with coupling lines is proposed for indoor wireless base station applications. It consists of four microstrip dipoles, a tune disk with four square-shaped perturbations and four pairs of tapered parallel transmission lines. Each right arm of the microstrip dipole has been engraved with a coupling line. The measured 10 dB return loss (RL) relative bandwidth is 51% (1.6-2.72 GHz). In horizontally plane, the proposed antenna has an omnidirectional radiation pattern and anaverage gain of 2.4 dBi.
2. Lin, C. C., L. C. Kuo, and H. R. Chuang, "A horizontally polarized omnidirectional printed antenna for WLAN applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, No. 11, Pt. 2, 3551-3556, Nov. 2006.
3. Lin, C. C. and H. R. Chuang, "A 2.4GHz planar printed antenna with omni-directional horizontally polarized pattern for WLAN applications," Proc. 33rd Eur. Microwave Conf., 1275-1278, Munich, 2003.
4. Borjia, A. L., P. S. Hall, and Q. Liu, "Omnidirectional loop antenna with left-handed loading," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 6, 495-498, 2007.
5. Locatelli, A., A. Capobianco, S. Boscolo, D. Modotto, M. Midrio, and C. D. Angelis, "Low-pro file CRLH omnidirectional loop antenna for mobile wireless communications," Proc. 42nd Eur. Microw. Conf., 401-403, Oct. 2012.
6. Wei, K., Z. Zhang, Z. Feng, and M. F. Iskander, "Periodic leaky-wave antenna array with horizontally polarized omnidirectional pattern," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 60, No. 7, 3165-3173, Jul. 2012.
7. Quan, X. L., R.-L. Li, J. Y. Wang, and Y. H. Cui, "Development of a broadband horizontally polarized omnidirectional planar antenna and its array for base stations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 441-456, 2012.
8. Zhu, Q., S. Yang, and Z. Chen, "A wideband horizontally polarized omnidirectional antenna for LTE indoor base stations," Microwave Opt Technol. Lett., Vol. 54, 2112-2116, 2015.
9. Yu, Y., F. Jolani, and Z. Chen, "A wideband omnidirectional horizontally polarized antenna for 4G LTE applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 686-689, 2013.
10. Zhang, X.-Y., X. Zhong, Z. Liu, and B. Li, "A horizontally polarized omnidirectional antenna with a reflector for ceiling-mounted indoor applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 54, 27-32, 2015.