A compact half-elliptic monopole antenna with triple notched-bands for UWB application, which is driven with differential feeding systems, is proposed. The basic antenna consists of two symmetrical half-elliptic patches and a modified ground plane. To reject the 5.5-GHz WLAN band effectively, two pairs of Ω-shaped strips are placed as parasitic elements close to the feedline. By introducing rectangular SRRs and an Ω-shaped slot on the radiators, the operating bands of 3.5-GHz WiMAX and 8-GHz ITU can be notched, respectively. Compared with conventional singleended feed antennas, the proposed differential-fed antenna can achieve better polarization purity, especially in the high-frequency band.
2. Li, M., M. Chen, W. Q. Che, and Q. Xue, "UWB Planar Inverted-F Antenna (PIFA) with differential feeding technique," IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband, 2010.
3. Li, M. J. and K. M. Luk, "A differential-fed magneto-electric dipole antenna for UWB applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, 92-99, Jan. 2013.
4. Mehranpour, M., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and M. Ojaroudi, "Dual band-notched square monopole antenna for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 172-175, 2012.
5. Sarkar, D., K. V. Srivastava, and K. Saurav, "A Compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014.
6. Aghdam, S. A., "A novel UWB monopole antenna with tunable notched behavior using varactor diode," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1243-1246, 2014.
7. Wu, H. W., J. Zhang, L. Y. Yan, L. P. Han, R. C. Yang, and W. M. Zhang, "Differential dual-band antenna-in-package with T-shaped slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1446-1449, 2012.
8. Wang, J. H. and Y. Z. Yin, "Differential-fed UWB microstrip antenna with improved radiatio patterns," Electron. Lett., Vol. 50, 1412-1414, 2014.
9. Tu, Z. H., W. A. Li, and Q. X. Chu, "Single-layer differential CPW-fed notch-band tapered-slot UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 13, 1296-1299, 2014.