A planar power divider with unequal power division and out-of-phase feature is presented. Firstly, the principle of the proposed power divider containing transmission lines with the same characteristic impedance is analyzed. The power dividing ratio can be adjusted by only the elctrical lengths of the transmission lines. Design equations of the proposed circuit are derived. Secondly, the method to reduce the size of the power divider is discussed. For illustration, a 2:1 prototype operating at 1.5 GHz is designed, fabricated and measured. The measured results show that S21, S31, and S11 are about -1.84, -4.96 and -28.4 dB at 1.5 GHz, respectively, that the isolation S23 is better than -20 dB from 1.44 to 1.56 GHz and that the phase difference between two output ports is about 180.54˚ at the center frenquency.
2. Kim, J.-S., M.-J. Park, and M.-G. Kim, "Out-of-phase Wilkinson power divider," Electron. Lett., Vol. 45, No. 1, 59-60, 2009.
3. Bialkowski, M. E. and A. M. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 4, 289-291, 2007.
4. Song, K., Y. Mo, and Q. Xue, "Wideband four-way out-of-phase slotline power dividers," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 7, 3598-3606, 2014.
5. Chiu, L., Q. Xue, and C. H. Chan, "A wideband compact parallel-strip 180◦ Wilkinson power divider for push-pull circuitries," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 1, 49-51, 2006.
6. Yang, T. and J.-X. Chen, "A dual-band out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 3, 188-190, 2008.
7. Chen, J.-X., Z.-H. Bao, and Q. Xue, "Analysis and design of out-of-phase power divider with arbitrary division ratio," IET Microw. Anten. & Propag., Vol. 4, No. 9, 1370-1376, 2010.
8. Dai, G.-L. and X.-C. Wei, "Novel dual-band out-of-phase power divider with high power handling capability," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 60, No. 8, 2403-2409, 2012.
9. Lu, Y. L., G.-L. Dai, X. Wei, and E. Li, "A broadband out-of-phase power divider for high power applications using through ground via (Tgv)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 653-667, 2013.
10. Abbosh, A. M., "Planar out-of-phase power divider/combiner for wideband high power microwave applications," IEEE Trans. Compon. Pack. Manu. Tech., Vol. 4, No. 3, 465-471, 2014.
11. Chen, S., Y. Yu, and M. Tang, "Planar out-of-phase Gysel power divider with high power splitting ratio," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 24, 2010-2012, 2015.
12. Cheng, K.-K. M. and P.-W. Li, "A novel power-divider design with unequal power-dividing ratio and simple layout," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1589-1594, 2009.
13. Ahn, H.-R., "Small wideband coupled-line ring hybrids with no restriction on coupling power," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 7, 1806-1817, 2009.