A fast design technique for lumped-element multilayered bandpass filters is proposed. With this technique, the difference between multilayered component values and theoretical component values can be quickly estimated and tuned. The design procedure for filters can be obviously simplified, and the efficiency can be improved. This technique is discussed in detail, and mathematic explanation is given. An example is used to show the entire design procedure. The measurement result agrees well with the desired result, which shows the effectiveness of proposed technique.
2. Bandler, J. W., R. M. Biernacki, S. H. Chen, R. H. Hemmers, and K. Madsen, "Electromagnetic optimization exploiting aggressive space mapping," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 43, No. 12, 2874-2882, 1995.
3. Wu, K.-L., R. Zhang, M. Ehlert, and D.-G. Fang, "An explicit knowledge-embedded space mapping technique and its application to optimization of LTCC RF passive circuits," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manufact. Technol., Vol. 26, No. 2, 399-406, 2003.
4. Brzezina, G., L. Roy, and L. MacEachern, "Design enhancement of miniature lumped-element LTCC bandpass filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 57, No. 4, 815-823, 2009.
5. Williams, A. B. and F. J. Taylor, Electronic Filter Design Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2006.
6. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2011.
7. Saadi, A. A., M. C. E. Yagoub, R. Touhami, A. Slimane, A. Taibi, and M. T. Belaroussi, "Efficient UWB filter design technique for integrated passive device implementation," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 14, 1087-1089, 2015.
8. Oraizi, H. and M. S. Esfahlan, "Optimum design of lumped filters incorporating impedance matching by the method of least squares," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 83-103, 2010.
9. Ma, K., L. Fan, and S. Zhang, "Compact multilayer self-packaged filter with surface-mounted packaging," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 5, 564-566, 2015.
10. Arabi, E. and A. Shamim, "3D lumped components and miniaturized bandpass filter in an ultra-thin M-LCP for SOP applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 44, 197-210, 2013.
11. Zhou, B., W. Sheng, and Y. Zheng, "Miniaturized lumped-element LTCC filter with spurious spikes suppressed vertically-interdigital-capacitors," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 24, No. 10, 692-694, 2014.
12. Brzezina, G. and L. Roy, "Miniaturized, lumped-element filters for customized system-on-package L-band receivers," IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Manufact. Technol., Vol. 4, No. 1, 26-36, 2014.