This paper designs a miniaturized and ultrathin absorptive/transmissive radome based on interdigital square loops. The thickness of designed radome is only 4.5 mm. The period of the radome is 10 mm, which is λ/17.5 (λ corresponding to the wavelength of center frequency of passband). In order to verify the transmission and reflection properties, a prototype is fabricated. Its effectiveness is verified by both synthetic experiments and measurements in the anechoic chamber. Furthermore, the oblique incidents are also evaluated for both the transmission coefficients and reflection coefficients.
2. Arceneaus, W. S., R. D. Akins, and W. B. May, "Absorptive/transmissive Radome,", U.S.Patent 5400,043, May 21, 1995.
3. Liu, L., et al., "Design of an invisible radome by frequency selective surfaces loaded with lumped resistors," Chin. Phys. Lett., Vol. 30, No. 6, 064101, 2013.
4. Chen, Q. and Y. Fu, "A planar stealthy antenna radome using absorptive frequency selective surface," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 56, 1788-1792, 2014.
5. Chen, Q., J. Bai, L. Chen, and Y. Fu, "A miniaturized absorptive frequency selective surface," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 80-83, 2015.
6. Zhou, H., et al., "Experimental demonstration of an absorptive/transmissive FSS with magnetic material," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 114-117, 2014.
7. Munk, B. A., Frequency Selective Surfaces: Theory and Design, Wiley, New York, 2000.
8. Zhang, S., Y. Ying, and X. Ren, "Interdigitated hexagon loop unit cells for wide band miniaturized frequency selective surfaces," 9th International Symposium on Antennas Propagation and EM Theory (ISAPE), 770-772, 2010.
9. Costa, F. and A. Monorchio, "Absorptive frequency selective radome," General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, 1-4, 2011.
10. Costa, F., A. Monorchio, and G. Manara, "An equivalent circuit model of frequency selective surfaces embedded within dielectric layers," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Charleston, SC, June 2009.
11. Costa, F., A. Monorchio, and G. Manara, "Efficient analysis of frequency selective surfaces by a simple equivalent circuit model," IEEE Antenna And Propagation Magazine, Vol. 54, No. 4, 35-47, 2012.
12. Han, Y., W. Che, and Y. Chang, "Investigation of thin and broadband capacitive surface based absorbers by the impedance analysis method," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 1, 22-26, 2015.