In this paper, a band-notched UWB filtering antenna with defected ground structure (DGS) is presented. This defected ground structure as a lowpass filter (LPF) plays a role in filtering unwanted band. The DGS is applied to suppress the upper passband spectrum of the proposed antenna. A U-shaped slot line etched in the feeding line creates a single band-notched characteristic in 3.3-3.83 GHz for WIMAX to avoid potential interference with the existing system. The measured return loss has a wide fractional bandwidth up to 127.6%, which covers a range of 2.43-11 GHz, with the return loss higher than 10 dB except notch band and less than 2 dB up to 16 GHz. The measured and simulated results reveal that the antenna has good upper stopband performance and consistent quasi-omnidirectional radiation pattern within the UWB frequency range.
2. Liu, H. W. and C. F. Yang, "Miniature hook-shaped monopole antenna for UWB applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 4, 265-266, 2010.
3. Wu, S. J., C. H. Kang, K. H. Chen, and J. H. Tarng, "Study of an ultrawideband monople antenna with a band-notched open-looped resonator," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 6, 1890-1897, 2010.
4. Chen, Y. L. and Y. G. Zhou, "Design of a filter-antenna subsystem for UWB communications," Microwave, Antennas, Propagation and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, 593-595, 2009.
5. Wong, S. W., T. G. Huang, C. X. Mao, Z. N. Chen, and Q. X. Chun, "Planar filtering ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna with shorting pin," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 2, 948-953, 2013.
6. Mohammad, H. B., K. C. Chandan, C. H. Goh, and D. Sanjay, "An impulse UWB patch antenna with integrated bandpass filter," Telecommunication Technologies 2008 and 2008 2nd Malaysia Conference on Photonics, 166-169, 2008.
7. Jung, N. L., H. Y. Jin, H. K. Ji, K. P. Jong, and S. K. Jin, "The design of UWB bandpass filter-combined ultra-wide band antenna," Vehicular Technology Conference, 1-5, 2008.
8. Jyoti, R. P., K. Prasadu, and S. K. Rakhesh, "A wide-band monopole antenna in combination with a UWB microwave band-pass filter for application in UWB communication system," 2010 Annual IEEE India Conference, 1-4, 2010.
9. Rajan, S. and A. K. Prakash, "A very compact triple band notched microstrip fed UWB antenna," Communication Technologies, 906-909, 2015.
10. Song, C. Y., T. Y. Yang, W. W. Lin, and X. L. Yan, "Design of a band-nothced UWB antenna based on EBG structure," Microwave and Millimeter Wave Circuits and System Technology, 146-149, 2013.
11. Wang, J. W., J. Y. Pan, X. N. Ma, and Y. Q. Sun, "A band-notched UWB antenna with L-shped slots and open-loop resonator," Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices, 312-315, 2013.