A compact coplanar waveguide fed multiband antenna is proposed and investigated. The proposed antenna consists of a rectangular radiating patch and dual meander strips with a defected ground plane. The size of the fabricated prototype is 28.3 × 24 × 1.59 mm3. The proposed antenna radiates at three different resonant modes, which cover 2.29-2.63 GHz, 3.26-3.96 GHz, and 4.97-6.10 GHz. The proposed antenna can be used for TD-LTE 2300/2500 (2.305-2.4 GHz), WLAN (2.4-2.4835 GHz and 5.15-5.875 GHz) and WiMAX (2.3-2.4 GHz and 3.3-3.7 GHz) applications. The proposed antenna exhibits an omnidirectional radiation pattern in the H-plane and a dipole-like radiation pattern in the E-plane. The measured peak gains are 2.64/4.48/6.08 dBi at the 2.4/3.5/5.5 GHz operating frequency bands, respectively.
2. Liu, P., Y. Zou, B. Xie, X. Liu, and B. Sun, "Compact CPW-fed tri-band printed antenna with meandering split-ring slot for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 1242-1244, 2012.
3. Liu, H., C. Ku, and C. Yang, "Novel CPW-fed planar monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 240-243, 2010.
4. Mehdipour, A., A. Sebak, C. Trueman, and T. Denidni, "Compact multiband planar antenna for 2.4/3.5/5.2/5.8-GHz wireless applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 144-147, 2012.
5. Pei, J., A. Wang, S. Gao, and W. Leng, "Miniaturized triple-band antenna with a defected ground plane for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 298-301, 2011.
6. Liu, W., C. Wu, and Y. Dai, "Design of triple-frequency microstrip-fed monopole antenna using defected ground structure," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 7, 2457-2463, 2011.
7. Xu, P., Z.-H. Yan, and C. Wang, "Multi-band modified fork-shaped monopole antenna with dual L-shaped parasitic plane," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 6, 364-365, 2011.
8. Herraiz-Martınez, F., G. Zamora, F. Paredes, F. Martın, and J. Bonache, "Multiband printed monopole antennas loaded with OCSRRs for PANs and WLANs," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 1528-1531, 2012.
9. Li, D. and J.-F. Mao, "Multiband multimode arched bow-shaped fractal helix antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 141, 47-78, 2013.