A compact fully integrated wideband six-port device composed of a suspended stripline Wilkinson power divider and three bias stripline of 3-dB quadrature directional couplers is presented. In order to integrate the six-port circuit, a multilayer circuit structure has been adopted by the via hole interconnection at the output port of the divider. The 3-dB quadrature directional coupler is composed of two 8.34-dB quadrature directional couplers by series connection. In this way, the six-port circuit structure is simplified and reduced. A multisection impedance match structure has been adopted in the suspended stripline Wilkinson power divider to achieve ultra-wide frequency band. In the experiment, The fully integrated six-port device has obtained good measurement result. It is superior to other present six-port networks in microwave performance with the same dimension.
2. Engen, G. F., "A (historical) review of the six-port measurement technique," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 45, No. 12, 2414-2417, Dec. 1997.
3. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Otc. 2007.
4. Bensmida, S., E. Bergeault, G. I. Abib, and B. Huyart, "Power amplifier characterization: An active load-pull system based on six-port reflectometer using complex modulated carrier," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2707-2712, Jun. 2006.
5. Tatu, S. O., E. Moldovan, K. Wu, and R. G. Bosisio, "A new direct millimeter-wave six-port receiver," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 49, No. 12, 2571-2522, Dec. 2001.
6. Vinci, G., S. Lindner, F. Barbon, S. Mann, M. Hofmann, A. Duda, R. Weigel, and A. Koelpin, "Six-port radar sensor for remote respiration rate and heartbeat vital-sign monitoring," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 61, No. 5, 2093-2100, May 2013.
7. Juroshek, J. R. and C. A. Hoer, "A high-power automatic device analyzer for measuring the RF power absorbed by biological samples in a TEM cell ," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 32, No. 8, 818-824, Aug. 1984.
8. Engen, G. F., "An improved circuit for implementing the six-port technique of microwave measurements," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theroy Techn., Vol. 25, No. 12, 1080-1083, Dec. 1977.
9. Gruszczynski, S., K. Wincza, and K. Sachse, "Design of a broadband low-loss coupled-line multisection symmetrical 3-dB directional coupler in suspended stripline technology," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1228-1231, 2010.
10. Shan, X. and Z. Shen, "A suspended-substrate Ku-band symmetric radial power combiner," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, Issue 12, 652-654, 2011.
11. Yin, X., H. Feng, and J. Xu, "Design of UWB high-pass filter using the suspended stripline," IEEE International Conference on Communication Problem-Solving (ICCP), 377-379, 2015.
12. Song, C., Y. Wang, and X. Wang, "Wide stopband ultra-wideband suspended stripline filter," 16th International Conference on Electronic Packaging Technology (ICEPT), 1402-1405, 2015.
13. Arshad, N. S. A., "Design of six-port network on planar microstrip for angle of arrival detection system," IEEE Asina-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics, Dec. 8-10, 2014.