A simple and novel WLAN antenna and a kind of neutralization line, which introduces a certain amount of signal to cancel out the unwanted mutual coupling between two antennas, are designed in this paper. The WLAN antenna working at 2.45 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequency bands is designed, fabricated and measured. The simulated and measured results show that the isolation between the two decoupled antennas can be improved to above 20 dB in both frequencies after decoupling. The lumped match network occupies less space for antennas and gains a good matching performance in the operating frequencies.
2. Ding, Y., Z. Du, K. Gong, and Z. Feng, "A novel dual-band printed diversity antenna for mobile terminals," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 7, 2088-2096, 2007.
3. Luberto, M. and W. S. Fano, "Microstrip antenna design using EBG (electromagnetic band gap) structures at 2.4 GHz," 2015 XVI Workshop on Information Processing and Control., 1-7, 2015.
4. Qian, K. W., L. Y. Zhao, and K. L. Wu, "An LTCC coupled resonator decoupling network for two antennas," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 10, 3199-3207, 2015.
5. Zhao, L. Y. and K. L. Wu, "A coupled resonator decoupling network for in-device coexistence of two collocated antennas," 2014 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 867-869, 2014.
6. Zhao, L. Y., K. W. Qian, and K. L. Wu, "A cascaded coupled resonator decoupling network for mitigating interference between two radios in adjacent frequency bands," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 11, 2680-2688, 2014.
7. Zhao, L. Y. and K. L. Wu, "A dual-band coupled resonator decoupling network for two coupled antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 7, 2843-2850, 2015.
8. Wu, C. H., C. L. Chiu, and T. G. Ma, "Very compact fully lumped decoupling network for a coupled two-element array," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 158-161, 2016.
9. Diallo, A.A., C. Luxey, P. L. Thuc, R. Staraj, and G. Kossiavas, "Study and reduction of the mutual coupling between two mobile phone PIFAs operating in the DCS1800 and UMTS bands," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3063-3074, 2006.