In this letter, a compact ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter based on CPW-to-microstrip transition structure is proposed. Compared with traditional UWB BPF using hybrid structures, the proposed filter has a more sharp selectivity due to a transmission zero located at the lower edge of the passband generated by the combined effect of both CPW-MS-CPW and interdigital coupling line (ICL). Moreover, to further improve its selectivity, the CPW open stubs (CPWOS) are introduced to produce two extra transmission zeros at high frequency. The measured results show that the proposed filter has some good characteristics such as sharp roll-off, compact size (0.54λg × 0.38λg) and a very wide fractional bandwidth of 130%, which is a significant improvement to what has been reported for UWB BPF with similar structures.
2. Jhariya, D., A. R. Azad, A. Mohan, and M. Sinha, "A compact modified U-shaped UWB bandpass filter," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 57, No. 9, 2172-2175, Sep. 2015.
3. Zhang, T., F. Xiao, J. Bao, and X. Tang, "Compact ultra-wideband bandpass filter with good selectivity," Electron. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 3, 210-212, Feb.-Nov. 2016.
4. Feng, W. J., W. Q. Che, and T.-F. Eibert, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter based on transversal signal-interaction concepts," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 24, 1330-1331, Nov. 2011.
5. Mirzaee, M. and B. S. Virdee, "UWB bandpass filter with notch-band based on transversal signal-interaction concepts," Electron. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 6, 399-401, Mar. 2013.
6. Hu, H. L., X. D. Huang, and C. H. Cheng, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter using CPW-to-microstrip coupling structure," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 10, 586-587, Mar. 2006.
7. Wang, K., S. M. Wong, and Q.-X. Chu, "A compact UWB CPW bandpass filter with short-ended H-shaped resonator and controllable notched band," Microwave. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 7, 1577-1581, 2013.
8. Lin, H., X. Xia, Z. Guo, and T. Yang, "Compact UWB filter with high selectivity and a deep notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 63, 123-128, 2016.
9. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and S. Pal, "A miniaturized microstrip-to-CPW transition based UWB-BPF with shaped roll-off and minimum insertion loss," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 2, 289-293, Feb. 2016.
10. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and S. Pal, "Compact broadband balun-based UWB-BPF with minimum insertion loss and sharp selectivity," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 15, 1174-1175, Jul. 2015.
11. Fallahzadeh, S. and M. Tayarani, "A new microstrip UWB bandpass filter using defected microstrip structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 7, 893-902, 2010.
12. Lin, H., H. Peng, X. Xia, T. Yang, and H. Jin, "A novel ultra-wideband bandpass filter using defected microstrip structures," IEICE Electron. Expr., Vol. 13, No. 7, 1-6, Apr. 2016.
13. Tang, I.-T., D.-B. Lin, C.-M. Li, and M.-Y. Chiu, "Compact Pentagon ultra-wideband bandpass filter with good out-of-band performance," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 13, 1695-1706, 2009.