In this paper, a new compact tri-band bandpass metamaterial (MTM) filter based on meander line with a rectangular stub is proposed and designed. The pseudo connections between meander line and ports generate interdigital capacitor (IDC) to provide series capacitance. Meander line a rectangular stub is plotted. The proposed filter offers measured first passbands from 1.88-4.0 GHz; second band starts from 5.4-5.9 GHz; third passband ranges from 7.1-7.4 GHz. It has insertion losses of 0.8 dB, 1.5 dB and 2.0 dB at 2.1GHz, 5.7 GHz and 7.3 GHz centre frequencies, respectively. The designed filter will cover S band (2-4 GHz), ISM band (5.725-5.875) and fixed satellite services (7.25-7.3 GHz). Further, the designed filter shows electrical size of 0.14λ0 × 0.13λ0 at zeroth order resonance (ZOR) frequency 2.1 GHz.
2. Weng, M., H. Wu, K. Shu, J. Chen, R. Yang, and Y. Su, "A novel triple-band bandpass filter using multilayer-based substrates for WiMAX," 37th European Microwave Conference, 325-328, 2007.
3. Chu, Q. X. and X. M. Lin, "Advanced triple-band bandpass filter using tri-section SIR," Electronics Letter, Vol. 44, 295-296, 2008.
4. Lai, X., C. H. Liang, H. Di, and B. Wu, "Design of tri-band filter based on stub loaded resonator and DGS resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, 265-267, 2010.
5. Fouad, M. A. and M. A. Abdalla, "New π-T generalised metamaterial negative refractive index transmission line for a compact coplanar waveguide triple band pass filter applications," IET Microwave and Antennas Propagation, Vol. 8, 1097-1104, 2014.
6. Zhang, X. Y., J. X. Chen, and X. Quan, "Dual-band bandpass filter using stub-loaded resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, 583-585, 2007.
7. Chen, W., M. Weng, and S. Chang, "A new tri-band bandpass filter based on stub-loaded step-impedance resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 22, 179-181, 2012.
8. Chen, F. C., Q. X. Chu, and Z. H. Tu, "Tri-band bandpass filter using stub loaded resonators," Electronics Letter, Vol. 44, 295-296, 2008.
9. Chen, J., Y. She, H. Wang, Y. Liu, and N. Wang, "Design of compact tri-band filter based on SIR-loaded resonator with 0˚ feed," IEEE International Conference on Communication Problem-Solving, 322-325, Beijing, 2014.
10. Veselago, V., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Soviet Physics Uspheki, Vol. 10, 509-514, 1968.
11. Iyer, A. K. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "Negative refractive index metamaterials supporting 2-D waves," Int. Microwave Symp., Vol. 2, 1067-1070, June 2002.
12. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials: Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006.
13. Sanada, A., K. Murakami, S. Aso, H. Kubo, and K. Awai, "A via-free microstrip left-handed transmission line," Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 1, 301-304, 2004.
14., Technical Note on Network Analyzer Basics, Agilent Technologies, USA, http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5965-7917E.pdf.
15. Chu, Q. X., X. H. Wu, and F. C. Chen, "Novel compact tri-band bandpass filter with controllable bandwidths," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 21, 655-657, 2011.
16. Chen, F. C. and Q. X. Chu, "Design of compact tri-band bandpass filters using assembled resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, 165-171, 2009.
17. Mo, Y., K. Song, and Y. Fan, "Miniaturized triple-band bandpass filter using coupled lines and grounded stepped impedance resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, 333-335, 2014.
18. Lan, S., M. Weng, S. Chang, C. Hung, and S. Liu, "A tri-band bandpass filter with wide stopband using asymmetric stub-loaded resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, 19-21, 2015.